Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Just now, SirSteveUK said:

So do I - confidence is everything

trouble is it .....always has been.....its the central part of being a good player.....its a part of the character and mentality.

some players lose it at the drop of a hat.....some are defiant and fight back to retain it....its what makes consistency and not.

Touch wood.....when does Jack lose it?

1 minute ago, TRO said:

trouble is it .....always has been.....its the central part of being a good player.....its a part of the character and mentality.

some players lose it at the drop of a hat.....some are defiant and fight back to retain it....its what makes consistency and not.

Touch wood.....when does Jack lose it?

Jack is so good that even if his confidence is low he is our best player. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Jack is so good that even if his confidence is low he is our best player. 

but what does that really mean?....it covers such a multitude of attributes.

Jack is human like all the other players, he has lows yes, but they are so marginal....I have watched him get gradually better in time....its early for Trez in his time with us, but I expect to see incremental improvement from him, so far to me he looks a tad worse.

I just see a different approach comparing Jack and Trez.

If Trez is just not good enough, we have to deal with it.

Trez needs to work on his shooting , not sure how good it is in training but in games it's seems to be lacking in power. Think he's also feeling the pressure a bit,  he seems to be showing his frustration at his lack of impact in games. I still think there's something there and he just needs a bit of a spark to lift hIm.

I think we just need to relax with trez 

He may or may not cut it in the end, but let's not forget that mahrez didn't really hit his stride until the end of his second season at Leicester. (Not saying he is as good as mahrez, just saying some players can take a little time to settle).

I think trez has the potential but he also needs time to settle, adapt, develop and work on his fitness etc.

I see some things in him that I think once he fully settles and grows in confidence will be good, he is good on the ball and works very hard, and once he finally starts grabbing a goal or two and some assists he will kick on (Or he won't and he will bomb - either or)

Either way, writing him off after 10 games is madness, let's not forget we signed him for 11m and his previous club levels were likely no higher or even lower than championship level, he has a lot of adapting to do.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

A year afo there were doubts about El Ghazi and his ability. Then he started to perform and deliver more and more, end even though he didn't do it consistantly he did enough to make many of us wanting to sign him up on a permanent deal. And that was in the Championship.

Now we're in the prem and for the first 10 games Trez has struggled. But he works hard. I think he lacks confidence and have a bit too much respect for the defenders in a league he knows is better than the last one he played in. I will give him more time before I judge him. He needs to start to believe in himself and stop thinking that the other players are invincible. He seemed to do a bit more on his own last night and whilst he mostly failed, he finally delivered a perfect ball in for Lansbury. There might come more of that. He wouldn't be the first semi expensive foreigner to fail in the PL, but he wouldn't be the first to struggle in the beginning either and then go on to be a star. A couple of months are far from enough to judge a player, but he needs to improve. Of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tinker said:

Trez needs to work on his shooting , not sure how good it is in training but in games it's seems to be lacking in power. Think he's also feeling the pressure a bit,  he seems to be showing his frustration at his lack of impact in games. I still think there's something there and he just needs a bit of a spark to lift hIm.

Or a roman Candle

54 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

it feels like he is trying too hard, against Wolves he was like a headless chicken, he definitely has pace and ability, just needs a bit of composure and luck to get more confidence.

Luck ain't worth a dam.

Good players make their own luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Luck ain't worth a dam.

Good players make their own luck.

This.

He’s just not very good. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I think we just need to relax with trez 

He may or may not cut it in the end, but let's not forget that mahrez didn't really hit his stride until the end of his second season at Leicester. (Not saying he is as good as mahrez, just saying some players can take a little time to settle).

Check other football. I was saying Mahrez was a player when at a Leicester in championshi. . I just don’t see it with Trezeguet.

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

All of our wingers are poor tbh. 

If we can afford to replace them in Jan, we should. We’re having to play our best player on the left just to cover up their shitness atm.

I do agree that our wingers are probably our weakest area (Grealish aside now he is playing inside left).

I think el Ghazi and trez are decent, but still the weakest part of the team for me, the next weakest after that imo is striker depth, especially now Davis is injured.

18 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

You mean that Jota that is recovering from a Hernia? 

Back in training Monday, and it's not like he will be injured all season. I am just saying I prefer to bring on Jota if we need a goal vs Trez. 

On 02/11/2019 at 02:13, Czechlad said:

Back in training Monday, and it's not like he will be injured all season. I am just saying I prefer to bring on Jota if we need a goal vs Trez. 

Trez would argue different 😁

Pretty decent today, put in a terrific shift, did well for his goal, looked sharper on the ball, did have a gilt edged chance to square the ball in the second half but elected to go with the volley but was a big, big improvement overall.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Â