Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Everything about this guy is average, except one thing ,

this guys heart is amazing  

we all dream of playing for this club and most of us can only dream of it, but if any of us ever realise that dream let us put in an effort like this guy

Can start in any of my team's from here on out ,what an effort

2 hours ago, pete101 said:

we all dream of playing for this club and most of us can only dream of it, but if any of us ever realise that dream let us put in an effort like this guy

Why do you think he is average? I think he has great quality on the ball, he’s a good outlet for the team and he works hard defensively too. He’s earned his spot in the side now, the shirt is his

His goal is papering over some major cracks in his game and if he didn't score yesterday, would be the first player we'd all be complaining about.  He has a great work rate and pace, but he is very poor with the ball and his decision making in the final third of the pitch is hilariously bad...  You can count on him making the wrong decision every single time when he has the ball at his feet.   

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

His goal is papering over some major cracks in his game and if he didn't score yesterday, would be the first player we'd all be complaining about.  He has a great work rate and pace, but he is very poor with the ball and his decision making in the final third of the pitch is hilariously bad...  You can count on him making the wrong decision every single time when he has the ball at his feet.   

There was a break in the second half and he played two really poor balls. I pretty much agree with this, his work on the ball was better than usual but still not great.

5 hours ago, pete101 said:

You said it mate.

He's like Weimann but with ability.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pete101 said:

He really, really wants it and that's a nice thing to see but it's a weakness as well as a strength. I think his decision making may improve with experience and when he gets a bit more confidence, he could be more of a threat than he is now. He's a bit raw but there's definitely potential there.

• Like 1

Thought both him and El Ghazi put in a real effort yesterday.

Neither are perhaps quite good enough but they are both OK.

And if they can play like they did yesterday on a regular basis I'd be very content.

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He really, really wants it and that's a nice thing to see but it's a weakness as well as a strength. I think his decision making may improve with experience and when he gets a bit more confidence, he could be more of a threat than he is now. He's a bit raw but there's definitely potential there.

Why is it a weakness?

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Thought both him and El Ghazi put in a real effort yesterday.

Neither are perhaps quite good enough but they are both OK.

And if they can play like they did yesterday on a regular basis I'd be very content.

They were excellent yesterday going forward and back, both of them, if they continue like that, then we’re on to something. Grealish might struggle to get back in the team

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They were excellent yesterday going forward and back, both of them, if they continue like that, then we’re on to something. Grealish might struggle to get back in the team

Somehow I don't think he will struggle at all to get back into the team :D 

He was the Whoscored player of the month in the PL for October after all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why is it a weakness?

Because when he tries too hard, his mind is running at the same pace and he doesn't make good decisions as a result. I would liken to it to having too much caffeine and trying to work - the energy is there but the focus isn't. 

• Like 1

Jack walks back into the team when fit, so it's Trez or El Ghazi in competition for one spot. 

Whilst not completely up to speed with the league as ATM, Trez is comfortably ahead imo. 

We can probably all agree now that El Ghazi is quiker than Trez. Trez couldnt outrun Henderson in the first half and got caught, where El Ghazi left Henderson trailing in a like for like situation.

He took his goal well and gave Hourihane and great opportunity, but should have done better with the ball from El Ghazi which his mishit and should have seen McGinn free on goal and passed instead of doing a 180.

An ok game from Trez, but nothing special.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

Jack walks back into the team when fit, so it's Trez or El Ghazi in competition for one spot. 

Whilst not completely up to speed with the league as ATM, Trez is comfortably ahead imo. 

Trez scores from a good set piece badly defended to add to his assist. El Ghazi 3 goals and 3 assists in all comps count for nothing? He's far more clinical. I can't understand the comparison

• Like 3

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Trez scores from a good set piece badly defended to add to his assist. El Ghazi 3 goals and 3 assists in all comps count for nothing? He's far more clinical. I can't understand the comparison

EL Ghazi has also been with the squad for over 12 months. 

It's just personal opinion but I think Trez has much more to come. And he works a lot harder. 

Just now, av1 said:

EL Ghazi has also been with the squad for over 12 months. 

It's just personal opinion but I think Trez has much more to come. And he works a lot harder. 

Still don't see him scoring from open play like El Ghazi. Gave Trez a lot of stick this week so happy to be proven wrong just gut feeling from what I've seen he's lacking incisiveness needed in Premier League 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Still don't see him scoring from open play like El Ghazi. Gave Trez a lot of stick this week so happy to be proven wrong just gut feeling from what I've seen he's lacking incisiveness needed in Premier League 

Well we all see stuff slightly differently, and their isn't a fat lot between them so fans will obviously have different opinions. 

I just think Trez will grow into the role a bit more. EL Ghazi was great yesterday and I'd probably agree with you that when he is at his best it's a higher level than what we have seen from Trez, the issue is that he is incredibly inconsistent and because his work rate isn't always great he can be completely anonymous when he's not 'on it'

Just my opinion but think Trez will improve more over the course of the season. 

Much better yesterday than my comment after Wolves. Still.....mostly running and trying as opposed to quality. I like him. Good sub. But Grealish walks back into the team and El Gahzi has some qualities that put him out ahead. Trez will improve but needs a calmer head and confidence to take his time and pick a better option. 

Â