Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

42 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

zero intelligence 

I think that probably describes him/his time at Villa as good as anything. Hard working - and that buys you time with fans - but rarely showed any football nous.

I had such high hopes when he arrived on the back of an AFCON where he was described as having outperformed Salah!

37 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Frankly, who doesn't love dank memes.

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I have no idea what that means 😳

"Candidly young squire, whom does not enjoy and appreciate splendid electronic internet pictures with astoundingly chucklesome phrases imprinted on them"

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Don_Simon said:

He was dreadful but inoffensive before Brentford.

He is dread and offensive post Brentford.

Get. Him. Out.

i think i am reading between the lines here, but you are implying we would benefit from his sale to another club yes?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

"Candidly young squire, whom does not enjoy and appreciate splendid electronic internet pictures with astoundingly chucklesome phrases imprinted on them"

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I guess it depends what kind of loan fee you are getting.

I saw AEG has a buy clause at £8.6m, which doesn't correlate with our supposed £15m valuation, unless they paid a £6m loan fee?

I would say we wanted £15mil but would have accepted around £12mil so assume the buy clause + Loan fee comes up to our valuation. 

• Like 1

I've never felt more torn on a player. On the hand he singlehandedly scored the goals to keep us up. Earn us 100m yearly for what appears to be the long haul. It's quite a mark he made and will never forgot those goals against Palace and Arsenal.

On the other hand I think he's one of the worst footballers I've ever seen represent us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I Like how Gerrard was respectful but honest by basically saying "Trez is coming back from a long injury, we have spoken about what he needs, he needs games, he could find that challenging here so we will see what lands (in terms of a loan or transfer)".

52 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

On the other hand I think he's one of the worst footballers I've ever seen represent us.

There have been times where he just looks like a rabbit in the headlights and appears to have completely lost any footballing talent he ever had. So much so, it is almost comical.

I think that there may be a real player in there somewhere but that the PL may just be too big for him?

13 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

There have been times where he just looks like a rabbit in the headlights and appears to have completely lost any footballing talent he ever had. So much so, it is almost comical.

I think that there may be a real player in there somewhere but that the PL may just be too big for him?

His positioning and hardworking are definitely good for PL. But even for a fullback you’ll expect more in terms of other qualities going forward. Now we can’t accept a striker that is only good in positioning let alone a winger. I think it’s the best timing for him to go. We’ll always remember his days with us, he’ll always be a hero that helped us staying up. Helped us going to the last Wembley trip. He’ll always remember us, we’ll always remember him. Time to move on. Not only for the sake of the club. But to keep the nice memories for all parties. 

18 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Not sure, I don’t think fitness and energy were ever his problem.

He wasn’t lazy but I always felt it looked like he worked and ran a lot more than he actually did because he was always blowing and covered in sweat. 

I think his athleticism is a problem. He’s also quite slow in most situations.

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He wasn’t lazy but I always felt it looked like he worked and ran a lot more than he actually did because he was always blowing and covered in sweat. 

I think his athleticism is a problem. He’s also quite slow in most situations.

I think he is quicker than he looks. 

Wasn't he one of the quickest players in the league season before last?

1 minute ago, Xela said:

There was a stat flying around that he was but he’s never looked quick to me. Always a yard too slow when going around the outside of his man.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

There was a stat flying around that he was but he’s never looked quick to me. Always a yard too slow when going around the outside of his man.

Quickest to the all-u-can-eat buffet though, eh? :) 

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

it doesnt matter how fast you are, if you cant control a football, in a game of football.

• Like 1

Â