Matt Targett

villan-scott

44 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You are wrong in my opinion. Countless players get slated in one team and excel in another with different manager and different football. 

As an example I give you Albrighton. Apparantly not good enough for us. I still remember the stick he got. 

Grealish was shit according to many not too many moons ago.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

They don’t seem to be comparing him to Betrand when they describe him as “runs like he’s towing a caravan"

Never thought he looked that slow to me.

You won't get Vinagre for anywhere close to £14m, you'd have to at least double that, and even then he wouldn't come to us as being linked to much bigger clubs.

Edited by useless

He's only 20 and very highly rated, Liverpool and Barcelona being linked with him. I think the general opinion is that as his career advances he'll become more a left-winger, left-sided attacker, as happened with Bale, and Sessegnon.

Noy surprised Soton didnt see the best of him. Hes a player whos strength is his passing and crossing abiltity. He'll thrive in a more creative team like he did at Fulham where they played football and had a proper target man to make the most of his crossing ability.

You couldnt find a more useless strikeforce than Southampton's for much of last season.  He'd be in the final 3rd look up and have nothing to aim at. Take away any players strengths and they will look average.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Never thought he looked that slow to me.

May be a lot to do with the fact they have seen him up against the best wingers in the top division, who will possess some serious pace.

It's not hard to look quick against some of the wingers in the championship.

18 minutes ago, useless said:

He's only 20 and very highly rated, Liverpool and Barcelona being linked with him. I think the general opinion is that as his career advances he'll become more a left-winger, left-sided attacker, as happened with Bale, and Sessegnon.

He's 24 in September!  Still seems like an exciting signing though and an age where he can improve/get better hopefully. Happy with this. 

36 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Not in general, no, but this signing has a Bruce-esque whiff about it.

Maybe I’m expecting too much, but if we’re signing players from Southampton, I want us to be buying the kind of player who is going to cause uproar amongst their fans because he’s being sold. In Targett’s case, it seems to be a collective shrug of the shoulders. 

Southampton have a very good left back in Bertrand, but they need money to strengthen in other areas. I think they would like to keep Targett as they seem to get decent results when he plays, but the guy has started less than 50 first team matches in his career and at the age of 23 he really needs to be playing every week if he's to maximise his potential.

I remember all those years ago that big Ron signed a left back from Liverpool who their fans thought was too slow and weak. My Dad took me to see him make his debut at Sheff Wednesday. He scored and had a stormer. No surprise when Liverpool re-signed him all those years later.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Noy surprised Soton didnt see the best of him. Hes a player whos strength is his passing and crossing abiltity. He'll thrive in a more creative team like he did at Fulham where they played football and had a proper target man to make the most of his crossing ability.

You couldnt find a more useless strikeforce than Southampton's for much of last season.  He'd be in the final 3rd look up and have nothing to aim at. Take away any players strengths and they will look average.

Southampton have brought through a hell of a lot of youth players, they're one of the best in the country in terms of their academy and bringing through youth. This guy's 23 and hasn't managed to make much of an impression in 5 years.

This seems like a lot of money for a PL fringe player. When the other teams fans are rubbing their hands together, delighted with the money they've got for one of their players, it's a worrying sign. To be fair to him, he was good at Fulham, so hopefully he can make the step up as a regular starter.

Edited by Davkaus

21 minutes ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

Everyone’s favourite journalists Nursey and Nixon saying it’s 11.5, rising to 17 with add ones which seems more reasonable 

Seems likely. I was expecting 10-12 mill rising to 15. 

Â