Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Always find it funny when a player with a reputation for being a bit firey or ill-disciplined is signed and the same folk who note it as a positive to have such characters are then appalled when they live up to the label.

Rather he did it today than in a game that mattered.

• Like 2

Man is desperate for games for fitness... gets stupidly sent off after a few mins. Well done Wes.

Loan him out for a year. 

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Always find it funny when a player with a reputation for being a bit firey or ill-disciplined is signed and the same folk who note it as a positive to have such characters are then appalled when they live up to the label.

I don't remember him having that rep. Most comments in his early prem games were about how soft and easily he went down. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

None of this happened as far as I'm aware, this bad reputation and the fans saying they wanted that attitude in relation to this bad reputation. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I don't remember him having that rep. Most comments in his early prem games were about how soft and easily he went down. 

plays soft except for when the ball is out of play

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

It was a big issue for him previously. Few red cards for similar incidents, coaches at Brugge tried a few different methods for keeping his temper on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Man is desperate for games for fitness... gets stupidly sent off after a few mins. Well done Wes.

Loan him out for a year. 

Bit silly by the ref. Handbags. Give yellow, tell to calm down.

Not saying based on this game, but a collection of his games since returning. Honestly, rather loan out Wesley than Davis for the squad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Got to say, a lot of people overreacting to this.

Handbags in a training game. Powell has tried to wind him up, in a friendly (why!?) and Wes has taken the bait. But honestly who cares.

It’s not like anyone actually got hurt, and for all we know Powell was being a complete word removed

Simple, control your emotions and don't **** headbutt the guy!

Bad look, especially when it's preseason and you're not the main guy anymore.

7 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Bit silly by the ref. Handbags. Give yellow, tell to calm down.

Not saying based on this game, but a collection of his games since returning. Honestly, rather loan out Wesley than Davis for the squad.

Even aside from this incident, he needs games to get fitness. He won't get that at Villa.

As you say, I'd prefer Davis off the bench at the moment, but we desperately need another option up front soon. 

• Like 2

Â