Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

First I’ve heard of this. The fact that its exactly 366 days for the first injury and the next injury happened immediately after makes me think its just some stupid constraint on their website where you couldn’t input more than 1 year worth of days missed for a single injury.

So the person in charge of editing his page was forced to put in 2 separate injuries instead.

Possibly, but it was 366 days, and the second was referred to as a 'knee injury' rather than the cruciate. Could be a data aberration, as you say. 

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

How refreshing. A bump to the Wesley thread without anyone accusing him of being a terrible signing. 

Good on you Wes. 👏👏

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Terrible signing

💪🏽

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

There’s enough pages of  vitriolic criticism of Wesley’s abilities and performances for us in this thread. 

Realistically He’s not going to be playing for Aston Villa again so let’s just leave the negativity elsewhere eh? Where’s the Gerrard thread…..

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

In fairness he looks happy in La Liga

The mental scars from that injury will last a lot longer than the physical damage, so playing in a slower, less physical league will certainly appeal and in turn give him more mental freedom on the pitch without worrying about some Shawcross type flying in and snapping his leg.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, valengull said:

Hi all. Quick Wesley update (can see you already saw he scored last night).

He's started the last two matches (both Copa del Rey) and has played excellently. Working hard, creating space, sharper first touch, spreading the ball out to the wings and generally being a menace. Clearly well liked by the players and the stadium sang his name a few times throughout the match which must've been great for his confidence. Getafe are 14th in La Liga, so no mugs, and started the match with an almost first eleven. Wesley bossed the final third of the pitch and got the winner.

Let's hope he can kick on for the rest of the season and gain some momentum as we push for promotion.

Really pleased to hear this.

He’s always had that ability to bully a defence physically, and hopefully he’s found the confidence now to do that again.

Also pleased he scored a header, as bizarrely that’s always been one of his weak points.

I think some of the boo boys here just can’t handle the idea that he’s a legit professional footballer and not a total fraud with no redeeming qualities. There’s definitely a useful player there, who needs to feel loved and central to whatever team he’s playing in. Glad he’s found that at Levante.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Isn't he in the league below La Liga?

I think in Spain they call the whole professional structure La Liga, and top flight is known as Primera División. But confusingly outside Spain we just call the top flight La Liga.

• Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think in Spain they call the whole professional structure La Liga, and top flight is known as Primera División. But confusingly outside Spain we just call the top flight La Liga.

Just Googled it, you are correct!

On 04/01/2023 at 17:05, KentVillan said:

Good knowledge and good to know. We are British so don’t have to speak in forin. If we call top flight La Liga then it is so. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/01/2023 at 20:45, Spoony said:

Good knowledge and good to know. We are British so don’t have to speak in forin. If we call top flight La Liga then it is so. 

Unless I'm crazily mistaken and have therefore been having conversations where people have been mirroring my language, in Spain spanish people call the top flight La Liga too.

Edited by Rolta

Â