Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Jordan Pickford did practically the same challenge on Ollie at the weekend. These scissor tackles need to be stamped out. As does the "he grazed the ball at some point, so it's okay" mentality that perpetuates it 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Career is likely over for him sadly. He started most of the games at the start of the season but since late October he's mainly been given 10 min cameos off the bench.

Even at lower divisions you still have to be able to move, and don't think he can anymore. He wasn't even adept at it before the injury.

On 04/01/2023 at 12:21, valengull said:

Hi all. Quick Wesley update (can see you already saw he scored last night).

He's started the last two matches (both Copa del Rey) and has played excellently. Working hard, creating space, sharper first touch, spreading the ball out to the wings and generally being a menace. Clearly well liked by the players and the stadium sang his name a few times throughout the match which must've been great for his confidence. Getafe are 14th in La Liga, so no mugs, and started the match with an almost first eleven. Wesley bossed the final third of the pitch and got the winner.

Let's hope he can kick on for the rest of the season and gain some momentum as we push for promotion.

It's a shame he hasn't pushed on since this post!

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

29 games. 0 goals.

Not even sure how that's possible

He scored a few weeks back, from a corner I think ? 

His career is pretty much over, he needs sitting down this summer and going through insurance,  we could get some money back and he would also get a lump sum.

9 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

He scored a few weeks back, from a corner I think ? 

His career is pretty much over, he needs sitting down this summer and going through insurance,  we could get some money back and he would also get a lump sum.

He wouldn't be able to claim on insurance he's shown he's capable of playing

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Interesting that they had Wesley on pens over Soldado. Highlights are on YouTube if you wanna see Wes' goal (was a tap in). It won't let me share them here, blocked by La Liga it says.

Its in the loan thread

I thought it was a brave finish as a guy who had his top level career ended by a nasty tackle he could easily have bottled going in for it with the keeper coming out 

• Like 2

Â