Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

No, I don't think so. Strikers need service - if the two dedicated attacking players supporting the striker are poor, I'm not going to blame the striker.

I wouldn't blame the winger for not creating if the striker was squandering chances. Wesley had no chances to squander. 

No goal in 11, no attempt on goal in the last four. The desperation to excuse Wesley defies belief

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Funniest performance I've seen in a while. It's like he switched consciousnesses with Marvelous in the last 20 minutes.

😆😆 He was so deep. I swear he dropped into the back line a couple times. 

Okay on a serious note why does Dean love to play it wide and pump in the crosses buy a striker in Wesley who can't head the ball at all. Baffling. 

People should lay off Wesley with the personal insults there’s just no need or justification. Calling him a prick is pointless.

However his footballing abilities are pretty sub standard atm. He needs to stay with the opposition centre backs and keep them occupied. Even if he stands there and does nothing not even touch the ball it’s going to be more beneficial to us because the defenders will always be aware of him. In the premier league to do his current role you need to dominate possession and have wingers with 12-13 + goals season in them - we don’t have neither.

Hopefully signing someone like Pedro will help as his experience and talent will hopefully rub off. 

Wesley is running around in the wrong areas at the moment. He was better today but he needs to do it more often and further up the field.

Edited by Sulberto21

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But we don't create anything. Everyone else's fault. 

He's like the anti-Hogan in a sense. Hogan does all this headless chicken running into the box but can't do anything else. Wesley does the other parts of being a striker reasonably well but doesn't make runs into the box to save his life. He was playing defensive midfielder out there at times in the second half.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

It is called the "look how hard I am working" runs. You are never going to win the ball but it shows everyone how "hard" you are working. Doesn't fool me, and every player knows what he is doing.

"Alibi runs" 

Never going to amount to anything but at least you were there, or thereabouts.

• Haha 1

He must have been told to drop so deep late. That was honestly really funny. 

One of his better games today. Controlled it a few times. Got involved in couple of deeper moves. No threat whatsoever.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He must have been told to drop so deep late. That was honestly really funny. 

One of his better games today. Controlled it a few times. Got involved in couple of deeper moves. No threat whatsoever.

Says it all really. 

Some nice touches in the second half and some good bits of play down the left hand side, but you know what...

... I really don''t care. I'm waiting for this guy to look half way like a striker and he doesn't. He makes no attempt to make a run off his opposing defender's shoulder, he never demonstrates any clever movement anywhere on the pitch, never makes good runs in the box, never is in space in the box. Today he was up against the two worst centre halves in the league and couldn't get much out of them.

I'd say I'm sick of him, sick of the sight of him, people want to be deluded and say he's getting no service, the same was said when Hogan was here but a shite player is a shite player and Wesley looks every inch a shite player at this stage. Blaming the service is like Corbyn supporters blaming Brexit for the election loss, it's only one part of the story (and not the biggest part).

I sincerely hope that we are bidding for strikers right now, I sincerely hope that we get a new striker early Jan and that Wesley spends the rest of the season coming off the bench. If he cannot sufficiently impress off the bench then he will need to be sold in the summer. This guy just does not look even close to being a top flight player at a respectable level of football. I'm sorry but I've just had enough of his 'performances', not good enough.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Yes of course they do. 

Stats also show that.

The eye test doesn't though. Because when they receive the ball they have about 4 or 5 options wesley at most has 2 so to me it is clear the midfield are losing it cheaply whereas wes isn't getting the support he needs to initiate attacks. 

• Like 1

Â