Pre-match thread

villa89

6 hours ago, screwdriver said:

It was a tap in for any manager who took over, everyone on the outside looking in could see only bruce couldn't as he had lost the plot.

Honestly what the feck are you talking about?

6 hours ago, screwdriver said:

We can go to spurs and compete.  Dele Ali is a mannequin these days, the keeper is a liability. Harry Kane will be breathing through his arse after rushing his comeback to play in the champ league. one of the belgium centre halves will go to manu errickson says he's off. they peaked last season. Poch knows this and wants oiut.

Starting the Smith bashing preparation earlier 

Pre match thread is into 2 pages when there is still 8 weeks to go before the game. 

The Premier League really is a bright and shiny place isn't it!. 

Good time for a tough fixture. Transfer window disruption, lack of match sharpness, etc. can act as a bit of a leveller, plus we'll be an unknown quantity to them. Eriksen is probably off to Madrid, which would be a big loss, as he's at the heart of most of their play. Kane seems to be heading for an early retirement if he keeps playing with injuries. There's definitely a few things going in our favour.

Last season Spurs lost at home to Liverpool, Man City, Wolves, Man Utd, and West Ham. They're beatable, and they have bad days.

BUT obviously Spurs are still strong favourites. We barely have enough players for a starting 11. A lot will depend on how much we strengthen, and how quickly. If a few deals go down to the wire, it could be a pretty weak team we end up fielding.

• Like 1

On 18/06/2019 at 23:42, CosmicVillan said:

Not a fan of their new stadium, it's got no soul. I hope that we never end up with a monstrosity like it.

I would say out of all the new ones its got the most soul. 

That one tier thing is a great idea, and there’s bars in the ground so people go there all day, eat in there, watch the game before, stay after the game.

couple mates are ST holders and they said lads are in the bars chanting for hours after.

Sounds mint.

Guess it will kill business for local boozers though to some extent.

Had a £40 free bet with Unibet, slapped it all on Villa win, 13/1 COME ON! 

Edited by spiezels

On 17/06/2019 at 19:43, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just got 14-1 with Will Hill. Couldn’t resist.

i think villa could cost me a lot of money this season. 

Did the same although I only got 11s. Still think there's value in it. 

Maybe too much value... I'm not in it for the money. Just hope every one has a swell old time, might back that actually. 

• Like 1

On 18/06/2019 at 18:42, CosmicVillan said:

Not a fan of their new stadium, it's got no soul. I hope that we never end up with a monstrosity like it.

Etihad and Emirates have no soul. This one looks bloody perfect tbh.

• Like 1