Pre-match thread

villa89

Seems so far away into the future this game, but not actually that far away. Will be an interesting curtain raiser - hope we don't get spanked too hard. But then, 'To Dare Is To Do...' Dare we go there and get a result?

Here's hoping... :)

😁

Great first fixture - very excited. I’ll be away on my honeymoon so will have to go to the new Spurs ground next season instead.

Edited by chappy

3 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

We'll go there a much better team for sure than when we last visited their place. What a weak and feeble villa team that was physically and mentally. 

One of two games in the Premier League I've seen us play live in person. Conceded in the first few minutes if I remember correctly.

Edited by Hornso

6 minutes ago, Hornso said:

One of two games in the Premier League I've seen us play live in person. Conceded in the first few minutes if I remember correctly.

Think so yes. Garde in the crowd, took charge few days later home to city if I'm right 

• Like 1

New stadium is great. Sits at the top of Tottenham high street like a UFO has just landed. Steep steep stands.

Hope they expect us to sit back. We'll give em a good game.

Out of the frying pan, into the fire. Perfect first game back. They wont relish playing a promoted side the first week. Nothing to lose here but the game!

1-1, Wesley with the goal.

It's essentially a great first test for us...pressure on them to get the result but we will go for it and the result, whatever happens, will be a great indicator for us.

What is positive is that by day 1, our squad as we know it now, will be greatly strenghthened..it seems like Dean Smith will go into this season fearing noone. Exciting times ahead. UTV 

Sick of all these Villa fans who are scared.

all these blogger fools on youtube bricking it about spurs away.

Had we Grealish fit all season, Mings and a decent partner and solid goalkeeper we would have walked that league much like Wolves did the year before.

It was a tap in for any manager who took over, everyone on the outside looking in could see only bruce couldn't as he had lost the plot.

We can go to spurs and compete.  Dele Ali is a mannequin these days, the keeper is a liability. Harry Kane will be breathing through his arse after rushing his comeback to play in the champ league. one of the belgium centre halves will go to manu errickson says he's off. they peaked last season. Poch knows this and wants oiut.

I believe a result for villa could be as seismic as when we done chelsea 2-0 and Abramovic walked off in fury shaking a grinning doug ellis's extended claw to sack jose.

I've looked at white hart lane on YouTube it's looking awesome inside and out but I'm not going there sight seeing I want 3 points.

Smith needs to start strong.