Pre-match thread

villa89

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Would have liked to see Hause at LB if Targett isn't ready. He was really good there last year. 

Taylor was ahead of Hause at LB last year, Smith won't suddenly put him ahead now. 

Doh.. Schoolboy error. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Confused 2

What was everyone expecting? To play all our new signing at once? Throwing them in all at the deep end and not giving the players that got us here a chance would be poor man management. Let’s just get behind this team.. we have a full season ahead and the other players will get their chance.

6 minutes ago, sne said:

First round always offers up some surprising starting line-ups.

Brighton had all 4 of their big new signings on the bench.

That said I thought we'd start with a totally different 11 today.

Brighton didn't have Neil Taylor playing.

5 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

We have strengthened and improved. One is seemingly injured, and the the other for some reason on the bench. Doesn't mean we haven't improved.

I think a big part of his thinking is maintaining last season's back four to an extent. 

We havnt improved or strengthened if it is the same two players??

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

The way I see it, it’s a game where we’re not expected to win so Dean has said “the shirt is yours to lose” nothing wrong with making newcomers earn the right to wear the shirt

By deliberately playing a demonstrably weaker squad? Playing Taylor is like throwing the game.

I think the starting 11 is fine though I'm not wild about Taylor.

I'm way more nervous than I was a week ago - especially after seeing the Liverpool and Man City games.

I'll go for 2-2, and would be chuffed with it.