Famous Villa Fans

sidcow

Sir Mark Rowley, the new chief of the Metropolitan Police, is a season ticket holder at villa apparently. Just came across an article and he went from Handsworth grammar school to Cambridge Uni to study Maths then ended up as a beat copper walking the streets of Birmingham a few months after his final exams. He was also beaten unconscious 18 months into the job by a gang of Birmingham City hooligans!

Whilst not really famous per se, I was surprised that the most powerful copper in the land is a ST holder at VP and probably in attendance most games. Was in charge of policing the Queen's funeral too.

• 1 month later...
On 13/08/2022 at 10:28, sidcow said:

I'm probably WAY behind the curve here and everyone already knows this but at the end of the speeches when BLACK Sabbath were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame,  Geezer Butler shouts "Up The Villa" into the mic. 

Absolutely fair play.  That is exactly the kind of shit I would do if I was in that position. 

Geezer was looking at buying the club with other partners before Lerner did from memory. 

I saw Vernon Kay interviewing band about 20 years ago asking what club they supported and all yelled Villa in unison

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Could you get a more Toff photo? 😁

We've a similar photo from my school wearing Adidas kagoule's with footy teams names scrawled all over them in felt tip pen standing on the steps of the burned out bandstand in the park. 

• Haha 3

Read it years ago but apparently the Prince William thing came from being a young teenager with other posh mates and all of them didn't know anything about football, so put some names in a hat to draw who they should support and William drew villa. He then actually started to follow the club a bit and as we all know leads to AVFC- the obsession 

On 18/01/2023 at 09:40, VillaJ100 said:

Read it years ago but apparently the Prince William thing came from being a young teenager with other posh mates and all of them didn't know anything about football, so put some names in a hat to draw who they should support and William drew villa. He then actually started to follow the club a bit and as we all know leads to AVFC- the obsession 

It's possible...

However, the story I heard was that everyone he knew supported Manure and he wanted to be different.

Well done Prince William I say.

• Like 1

So what's the etiquette regarding celebs when you spot them? Saw David Bradley on his way into Trinity for the Stevenage game, was with my two lads who love Harry Potter, and I loved Bradley in Game of Thrones. Just didn't feel right to accost an 80 year old bloke for a selfie/autograph although I'd have loved to have said hello to him

9 minutes ago, Pongo's Socks said:

So what's the etiquette regarding celebs when you spot them? Saw David Bradley on his way into Trinity for the Stevenage game, was with my two lads who love Harry Potter, and I loved Bradley in Game of Thrones. Just didn't feel right to accost an 80 year old bloke for a selfie/autograph although I'd have loved to have said hello to him

maybe randomly talk about the game :P 

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It's possible...

However, the story I heard was that everyone he knew supported Manure and he wanted to be different.

Well done Prince William I say.

Yep. He literally said this himself on interview to Gary Lineker. Think it's on YouTube somewhere. 

• Like 1

Â