Famous Villa Fans

sidcow

5 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Used to see him on the reg in the Holte End when it was standing.  He was a left side boy who'd usually be underneath the scoreboard near the corner flag where it met the Trinity Road stand.  This was at the height of his fame when he had that Jag with the crazy paint job. 

Same here, met him outside the Holte one time, he was with his Chinese wife/girlfriend, and his graffiti Jag was behind the North stand. 

54 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Same here, met him outside the Holte one time, he was with his Chinese wife/girlfriend, and his graffiti Jag was behind the North stand. 

Once parked next to him in that car park, Robert Plant got out of the passenger seat👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, imavillan said:

love the quote 

''normally i take two bottles of valium to watch Villa, but i havent felt this optimistic for while''

😂 I think we can all relate to that quote.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John said:

In today's Sunday Times (unable to link - paywall), Geezer Butler in the column "My Club" says: "I only visit Villa Park once or twice a season now, but in America you can see any game live on the television. I haven't missed a home or away match for seven years." Good stuff Geezer! ;)

image.jpeg.734a67c669b559215b33b15e7701c3af.jpeg

He has a claret and blue AVFC branded bass as well

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/06/2023 at 12:05, John said:

In today's Sunday Times (unable to link - paywall), Geezer Butler in the column "My Club" says: "I only visit Villa Park once or twice a season now, but in America you can see any game live on the television. I haven't missed a home or away match for seven years." Good stuff Geezer! ;)

image.jpeg.734a67c669b559215b33b15e7701c3af.jpeg

If people haven't already got it, I would highly recommend his autobiography for any Sabbath fan. He was the most "sober" member so probably the most accurate viewpoint but also some great Villa stories as well. 

Shame it seems that the Sabbath Villa Park gig will always be a dream rather than a reality. 

• Like 2

On 03/07/2023 at 14:56, cyrusr said:

If people haven't already got it, I would highly recommend his autobiography for any Sabbath fan. He was the most "sober" member so probably the most accurate viewpoint but also some great Villa stories as well. 

Shame it seems that the Sabbath Villa Park gig will always be a dream rather than a reality. 

He is on Talksport shortly  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Top man. I was in his band before Sabbath reformed. 😞 

Tremendous stuff. That's the sort of thing that most of us can only dream of doing. 🤘

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Seriously? His solo band?! What did you play?

Guitar. I should add, we never played together. I was chosen to be in a new version of GZR in 1997 but it was kyboshed as Sabbath reformed.
Though totally gutted, I did get front row seats at the NEC to see them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Guitar. I should add, we never played together. I was chosen to be in a new version of GZR in 1997 but it was kyboshed as Sabbath reformed.

Ah that sucks but at least a bit of a silver lining. The GZR stuff is actually quite surprising given his Sabbath roots but would have been cool. Sorry it didn't pan out for you!

7 hours ago, Mazrim said:

That NEC gig in 97 was my first ever concert. Amazing night. 

• 1 month later...
Â