Famous Villa Fans

sidcow

On 19/02/2021 at 00:09, Chindie said:

The cynic in me would suggest on another day we'd have a different WWE fan. Or perhaps even if they'd used a different hat.

Just reading his wiki page it seems he's a Cleveland Browns fan so maybe through Lerner's previous association he's a Villa fan just as some Villa fan's become Browns fans back in the distant past.

22 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

When Bosnich left in 99 there may have been a good opportunity but he went to Bologna instead.

Bologna was his local team as well, doubt we would have known back then in pre-internet age that he was a Villa fan

On 25/08/2021 at 22:41, Xela said:

Shame we never tried to leverage his love for us and try and sign him! 

Didn't he play at VP for Inter when we beat them on pens?

pretty sure his interview before said it was an emotional game for him

11 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

It was either when we beat them on pens or when they beat us 3 - 2 on aggregate. 

Yeah defo the 94 one as I remember him well.  Used to pretend to be him when I played in goal.  The 1990 game was too early for me.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

pretty sure his interview before said it was an emotional game for him

It was for me! I got home late and I had 'double maths' at 9am the next day! 

18 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Was 94 as Walter Zenga was in goal in 90

That '90 Inter team was stacked. 3 German WC winners and 5 regular Italian internationals, from memory. 

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I was just browsing through You Tube, as you do, and came across an old Top of the Pops which featured Slade and hanging on Noddy Holder's Mic stand was a claret and blue scarf. Can anyone confirm what Noddys football allegiance was? 

Thought he was a doghead ?

28 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm not disputing who I mentioned,  I'm merely suggesting that the scarf may have belonged to another band member. 

You can tell the transfer front is quiet. 

Yeah, could be. I thought they were all yam yams so I'm surprised to hear about a Villa scarf at all 🤔

47 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Yeah, could be. I thought they were all yam yams so I'm surprised to hear about a Villa scarf at all 🤔

Somewhere in the back of my mind I’ve got Dave Hill as a Villa fan. Could be a load of rubbish though. Lots of stuff back there are still p!ssed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â