Famous Villa Fans

sidcow

On 18/01/2023 at 01:40, VillaJ100 said:

Read it years ago but apparently the Prince William thing came from being a young teenager with other posh mates and all of them didn't know anything about football, so put some names in a hat to draw who they should support and William drew villa. He then actually started to follow the club a bit and as we all know leads to AVFC- the obsession 

Sounds a bit Hogwarts to me.

Haha. Looks like he was sat somewhere near the home supporters.  Some of the bants must have been a real eye opener particularly with them celebrating 2 cancelled out goals. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/01/2023 at 19:10, fruitvilla said:

Sounds a bit Hogwarts to me.

Sure I read something about one of his security team from Gloucester being a Villa fan and that's who got him involved way back in the early 00s. 

21 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

That's how I got into the Villa... although I was around 5 years old at the time

I just don't think he ever intended to become a proper Villa fan though lol, I assumed it was just a passing comment. Maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Hanks appears somewhere in the middle. He's a casual fan (and I'm not buying some of the stuff he says about it being his "dream" to visit VP when he can hop on a private jet whenever he likes), but let's face it, he's Tom **** Hanks, he's not getting a PR boost by showing his face at the Villa, he's here because he wants to be.

Aye, it's not as if he needs that vital North Birmingham demographic onside to make movies is it. 😆

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I find the whole Tom Hanks being a Villa fan thing a bit cringe. He just said he liked our name ffs :D

So? Everyone starts somewhere and now he supports Villa enough to come watch matches and follow results. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Indeed.

There are some famous fans who are lifelong Villa through and through, think David Bradley, Nigel Kennedy, etc. There are some famous "fans" who couldn't give a toss and use us as a vehicle to appear relatable, like David Hameron.

Hanks appears somewhere in the middle. He's a casual fan (and I'm not buying some of the stuff he says about it being his "dream" to visit VP when he can hop on a private jet whenever he likes), but let's face it, he's Tom **** Hanks, he's not getting a PR boost by showing his face at the Villa, he's here because he wants to be.

Agreed on Tom Hanks. Nice to see him come to Villa Park, he would have been welcome anywhere but chose to come to us and fair play to him for that.

I will take your word on that David Hameron bloke, although I'm not familiar with his work;). Unlike say David Cameron (and leaving his politics out of it), as far as I'm aware Hameron doesn't have a relative who was once the chairman of our club, hasn't been to a number of our games and hasn't brought his son along with him either:)

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, John said:

Agreed on Tom Hanks. Nice to see him come to Villa Park, he would have been welcome anywhere but chose to come to us and fair play to him for that.

I will take your word on that David Hameron bloke, although I'm not familiar with his work;). Unlike say David Cameron (and leaving his politics out of it), as far as I'm aware Hameron doesn't have a relative who was once the chairman of our club, hasn't been to a number of our games and hasn't brought his son along with him either:)

Who's Cameron related to?

Â