dont_do_it_doug.

Good player, good signing.

Doubt it's quite as high as £4m + Gardner, wouldn't be surprised to see Evans inflate that to try and raise some ire. He's still smarting from the Tammy embarrassment.

• Like 1

On the face of it doesn't look an exciting signing, however as I said before I don't expect lots of big signings this summer. I expect players like this who come in with a point to prove, with some cheap loans/loan with a view to buy from abroad to supplement the loans we make permanent (Mings, Hause). A player Smith knows well, and let's face it he's been playing in a dog of a blues side who play horrible ugly long ball football. Should suit us better than he did them. Get behind him

• Like 1

Just now, MikeAVFC said:

On the face of it doesn't look an exciting signing, however as I said before I don't expect lots of big signings this summer. I expect players like this who come in with a point to prove, with some cheap loans/loan with a view to buy from abroad to supplement the loans we make permanent (Mings, Hause). A player Smith knows well, and let's face it he's been playing in a dog of a blues side who play horrible ugly long ball football. Should suit us better than he did them. Get behind him

Like this. No offence, ( and I agree with all you go on to say) but I’ve had enough “ exciting signings” to last me a life time.

• Like 1

Seen Jota tear us apart at Griffin Park a few years ago - very nimble. £4m is a little rich if that is the figure, but I suppose in today's game that is on or about the right amount. An early signing too, and if we're bulking out the squad with the aim being strength in depth, I'm happy we're getting it done early.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

how he makes us a better Team under this a Coach.....which is all that matters.

Absolutely, we don't need him to be Ronaldo, we need a good team player who can move the ball faster than the likes of Adomah. This is it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, KHV said:

If Diego Jota is level of player we are looking at it's going to be a long season ahead.

He is **** shit

Brace yourself then as for you it will be a long season.

Messi won’t be coming.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Mixed feelings from both sets of fans on the deal. Although with the extra £4m it probably swings it towards blues thinking they've got the best deal.

If the deal is Gardner plus £4m I’d say it’s net £2m. Getting Gardner out is good business.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Question is though is he better than adomah? I'm not so sure. The brentford one was but this one? Who knows 

He is 5 years younger which wont do him any harm!

• Like 2

Adomah Out

Gardner Out 

Jota In

... I’d say that’s good business. If we don’t buy anyone else then we’re knackered but for a squad player to replace a Adomah who wasn’t as good as previously this year, then it’s all good. 

• Like 1

It's worth it just to see the noses explode.  They are incandescent about us anyway with promotion and FFP.  This could well tip them into full insanity

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Wes said:

We've replaced Adomah's bench depth for a player Smith knows well (and has been able to get the best out of before), whilst also offloading a player who wasn't going to get any game time for us in Gardner.

Jota will be a good squad player - already accustomed to Smith's tactical and training philosophy and will be good to have on the training pitch when we have a lot of new players coming in who will need to get up to speed fast.

I don't believe he's our starting right sided attacker next season. Think that transfer will still come. But as a Squad Player, and as a transaction as a whole, it ticks a lot of boxes.

Also, a Spanish speaker in the Senior Squad would certainly help if we wanted to bring in, for instance, a younger native Spanish speaker in to the team at some point down the road...

Let's not forget, Spain is where Suso knows best. Wouldn't be too surprised for at least one of the new faces joining us this season to come from there. It would make sense to utilise his connections and knowledge to the fullest.

Thumbs up from me if it goes through.

**** me that's a bit of a sensible response

Completely agree, we probably aren't getting much cash for gardner and blues are probably his only destination and they have no cash, it's a position we need a bit of depth

Issue would be wages and length of contract, hopefully not high and not long

Â