dont_do_it_doug.

Not a big risk at that fee but I always got the impression he was a bit one sided.  Isn't his main weapon to cut in from the right on his left foot and just leather it?  I expect Premier League defences would handle him quite well, but as I say, 4m is nothing.

Saw at lot of him in both spells at Brentford. Proper man-crush territory. 

Was very disappointed when he went to Birmingham as I knew it wouldn’t work out for him there. 

Part of me is excited to see him in a Villa shirt but the other part of me worries that he is sometimes a bit streaky and we won’t be able to carry him when he’s on a cold run. 

• Like 1

For a few mill he will be a decent signing though I don't expect him to pull up many trees.

We are well short in that position and we need a left footer who can get inside.

Decent squad signing but I am not tugging away at the prospect.

To be fair, i dont care one iota that he was SHA, he wasnt/isnt a "die hard SHA supporter, or caused Villa club or fans any crap or issues, hes a good player (probably their best player), and now hes joining us for effectively peanuts, whats not to like?

Will be a great rotation option, or he could make the right wing his own?, good luck to him i say, welcome to Villa.

7 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Not a big risk at that fee but I always got the impression he was a bit one sided.  Isn't his main weapon to cut in from the right on his left foot and just leather it?  I expect Premier League defences would handle him quite well, but as I say, 4m is nothing.

He plays with his head up, has typically Spanish technique , a good cross and shot, but you're never sure if you're watching him live or if  its a slow motion replay. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Surprised at Dean going for Jota great player for us on his day badly damaged at his time at hoof ball Birmingham City where he played more games than he did for us.Scored an impressive 23 goals for us and a poor 8 for them if Dean can get a tune out of him it’s great business. very predictable and 90% all left foot but good option from the bench.

how highly did you rate him at Brentford?, say compared to your current "best" players?

Prem capable you think or not?

I was wrong about Smith so probably wrong about Jota but only yesterday I think I referenced him as one of a glut of Brentford players to have struggled after leaving.

Fingers crossed he rediscovers himself here as I think he's been fairly average for the shite hasn't he?

2 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

He plays with his head up, has typically Spanish technique , a good cross and shot, but you're never sure if you're watching him live or if  its a slow motion replay. 

if its slow motion and he keeps the ball, or does a good pass/cross, or scores, doesnt that actually means hes so good he makes it look like its slow mo?

I mean.......Neo was pretty good and he was involved in a lot of slow mo........

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I was wrong about Smith so probably wrong about Jota but only yesterday I think I referenced him as one of a glut of Brentford players to have struggled after leaving.

Fingers crossed he rediscovers himself here as I think he's been fairly average for the shite hasn't he?

he probably struggled at SHA because he went from a "continental imitation play style" at Brentford to 1980's launch it to the stars style of play where your most likely injury type is a cricked neck because the midfielders are looking up to the sky as the ball constantly flys over their head.

Edited by MaVilla

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

if its slow motion and he keeps the ball, or does a good pass/cross, or scores, doesnt that actually means hes so good he makes it look like its slow mo?

I mean.......Neo was pretty good and he was involved in a lot of slow mo........

If he beats a player it's going to be down to technique and IQ rather than pace . He runs like he's still attached to one of those training parachutes. 

Edited by Brumerican

15 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Yep I thought the same. That said i guess you could say the same about Snodgrass. 

What is going on with this FFP rubbish?, Villa Report states:

"The EFL might be expected to ratify the transfers with both clubs being monitored over spending. "

.......do we have an issue or not?, this ongoing stuff is nonsense.

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

how highly did you rate him at Brentford?, say compared to your current "best" players?

Prem capable you think or not?

I’ll let BN respond for himself but I think most Bees were expecting him to go on to great things during his first stint at the club. After his return from Eibar, it took a while for him to settle back and I think a most felt he’d sold himself short in his choice of destination. 

If he can be aa good as he was at his best there and do it consistently, he will be a favourite. 

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

What is going on with this FFP rubbish?, Villa Report states:

"The EFL might be expected to ratify the transfers with both clubs being monitored over spending. "

.......do we have an issue or not?, this ongoing stuff is nonsense.

I don't think we officially "join" the Premier League until a certain date this summer?  Until then, we're still under the EFL umbrella of rules.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, choffer said:

I’ll let BN respond for himself but I think most Bees were expecting him to go on to great things during his first stint at the club. After his return from Eibar, it took a while for him to settle back and I think a most felt he’d sold himself short in his choice of destination. 

If he can be aa good as he was at his best there and do it consistently, he will be a favourite. 

thanks.

In all honesty, its a good bit of business, if he does well we have got him at an absolute steal, if he doesnt Deano has taken a really cheap punt on him, nothing to lose, everything to gain tbh as far as i can see.

"clever" business from Deano and the recruitment team.........havent said that about Villa recruitment for.......flippin ages.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Â