dont_do_it_doug.

Shrewd move - basically offloaded Gardner to them, got his wages off the bill and Adomah too, while replacing him with a trusted former player of the manager and someone who our Sporting Director knows well for a small fee. Wikipedia has him down as an attacking midfielder, so could potentially be cover not just at RW but also for Jack.

Interesting that we've gone for players that can potentially cover a variety of positions, like Mings can play LB and CB, same with Hause and if we are in for James Justin, he can play on either side as a full back.

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

🤣 fee we're paying is going up and up as you pass through their 'thread' and they're still not happy.

Feels like order has finally been restored to this world. 

• Haha 2

Like someone said already, there's a lot to like about this signing. 

My favourite bit is that he comes for a small fee, no pressure, knows Deano well and Gary Gardner **** off. 

He suits Deano's football as well. I can see this working out. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

For a squad player he's a decent signing, he has good technical ability and pretty good end product (at a lower level), alarm bells would be ringing if he's starting our first game, no where near good enough as a regula starter at this level, but I seriously doubt that will be the case.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

4 minutes ago, supermon said:

i suppose if Gardner was on something similar or thereabouts it isn't quite as bad

Speculation is that he's due a promotion wage increase. The thought of Gary Gardner earning anything from near 20 to 25 grand a week is absolutely sickening.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

🤣 fee we're paying is going up and up as you pass through their 'thread' and they're still not happy.

Seems like the fee they are getting is to top up GGs wages (to the amount we would be paying him) for the duration of his contract.

What happens after this?

Going to be funny if that comes to light!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Pronounced "Hota", I assume? 

Depends who's commentating

Yota, hota, zota, djota.

Heard them all last season when we played them. 

Â