Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Football is a strange game. Things can change fast.

We were 1-0 against Spurs with twenty minutes to go. Spurs ended up winning it and fair play they deserved to it but imagine had we taken the three points.

Spurs would be one point outside the relegation zone, and we'd be in 6th. You're completely right.

People talking about us not knowing how to play against 10 men and Leicester showed us how it's done are being a little unfair to us. Southampton were losing and had to chase the game before the sending off. We were behind, this changes the complexion of the game. We also had a lot of chances and a goal disallowed.  Southampton just rolled over.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

People talking about us not knowing how to play against 10 men and Leicester showed us how it's done are being a little unfair to us. Southampton were losing and had to chase the game before the sending off. We were behind, this changes the complexion of the game. We also had a lot of chances and a goal disallowed.  Southampton just rolled over.

Arsenal game was the best example although Arsenal are obviously much better than Southampton (although in general terms not that good anymore).

It's certainly a weakness we've long had, we failed to win a few games in championship v 10. I think it's in part because we're slow at times moving the ball when opposition have 5-6 back and we also don't have many game changers on the mention.

Anyway it's not often you play against 10 men over a season for a decent chunk of the game so we've probably used up our quota for the season already.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Arsenal game was the best example although Arsenal are obviously much better than Southampton (although in general terms not that good anymore).

It's certainly a weakness we've long had, we failed to win a few games in championship v 10. I think it's in part because we're slow at times moving the ball when opposition have 5-6 back and we also don't have many game changers on the mention.

Anyway it's not often you play against 10 men over a season for a decent chunk of the game so we've probably used up our quota for the season already.

Our team is full of players who can dribble particularly in the centre of the park, so I expect more sendings off against us. We were terrible against Arsenal once they pulled a goal back for sure. West Ham we were poor. Brighton we banged on the door and scored 3 goals and made many chances. But my main original point t is that Leicester and Southampton cannot be compared to any of our matches against 10 men. 

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Absolutely this ^^ 

We break too slowly and allow our opponents to get back behind the ball. It's something we need to learn. 

9 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Our team is full of players who can dribble particularly in the centre of the park, so I expect more sendings off against us. We were terrible against Arsenal once they pulled a goal back for sure. West Ham we were poor. Brighton we banged on the door and scored 3 goals and made many chances. But my main original point t is that Leicester and Southampton cannot be compared to any of our matches against 10 men. 

Brighton had equally as many shots

We could get a draw today but if our rivals get wins be in a worse postion than if we lose and rivals also lose. Another philosophical way of saying if as many of the teams around us lose as possible and things stay pretty much the same then a defeat today won't be too bad as long as we don't suffer a humiliating scoreline.