Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

15 hours ago, useless said:

O.K guess you looked at Wolves last season but I just think they have a bit more individual quality than we do at the moment particularly in the final third e.g. Jimenez is better than Wes etc.

Well just checked who finished 10th in 17/18, Newcastle did winning just 12 games and losing 18! On 44 points so only two more than my prediction and we're 25% of the way there.

Last season it was much higher, West Ham on 52 points which would be a stretch for us but they still lost more than they won, 15 to 16 losses.

So the reality is we could still finish in a decent top half position and lose more games than we win.

10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

We're better than at least 3 teams. I'm not worried at all. I'm just interested to see how far this team can go this season. How long will we take to hit our peak? I'm predicting a comfortable 11th place finish but I want to be pleasantly surprised. There are some higher places up for grabs this season.

I can see us having a really good xmas/new year spell that will really push us away from the bottom 6. If anyone remembers the good O'Leary season similar to that.

Think in 10 game period we play Watford twice, Sheffield United, Burnley and two home games against Southampton and Norwich over xmas. 10-12 points is realistic from that spell although of course our "easy" run of games didn't quite pan out that way over December-Jan last season.

4 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Just read that Boly of Wolves may have broken his ankle this week.  If he has, we’ll be a big miss for them for a while.  Be like us losing Tyrone. 

Yep that's a massive blow. Game he was suspended this season they shipped 5 to Chelsea (before Chelsea had even turned good) and he can also pop up at the other end with goals.

If you look at their other options he's really their glue at the back as Ryan Bennett been awful, Conor Coady is making more mistakes this season and that Vallejo guy they signed from Real Madrid also been terrible in his cameos, their fans don't think he's good enough physically for the league.

They played a young kid Killman in the week, don't know how good he is so guess they'll just drop Saiss in the back 3 for the foresseable as he's a decent player.

As long as Norwich don't win today then whatever happens next weekend we won't drop into the bottom three even if we lose to Liverpool, Southampton will be able to catch us points wise, but they'd have to make up a fifteen goal difference swing between us and them and they're away to Man City. Also If Wolves lose, even if it's by only one goal we'll actually move up a place in the league by virtue of the fact we've scored more goals than them.

Edited by useless

1 minute ago, useless said:

It's not all bad, we move up a place in the league table and place further away from the relegation zone as thing stand.

Wolves are masters of losing to the worst teams in the league.

This is hardly a shock

4 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I'd rather Wolves win or a even a draw keep Newcastle as far below us as possible. Traoré is a beast looks like he should be playing rugby league!

They lost twice to Huddersfield last season.

Wolves is a park the bus, counter attacking team. 

Steve Bruce is one of the worst managers they can face.

Edited by villalad21