Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

15 minutes ago, useless said:

People are allowed to be disappointed after we've been thrashed in a game, it's not a cult where no one is allowed to be negative. Sometimes we'll have bad days where we lose and all our relegation rivals pick up points, and the reactions will reflect that.

1- allowed to be whatever you like nobody has said otherwise

2- “ disappointed” is one thing...panic, fear, woe, all another.

3- “ thrashed” - no comment. Oh, okay then, ludicrous.

4- “ a cult” what ?? Aren’t people “allowed” to criticise those who criticise ?

5 - Yes, reactions - of some - do indeed reflect a days events, and people are allowed to have knee jerk reactions, and I and others are entitled to say that’s ridiculous and short sighted.

Edited by terrytini

I've just googled "3-0" thrashing, and that scoreline is describe as a 'thrashing' plenty of times. It's is a thrashing, and people are allowed to be disappointed by it. It's sillier by far to turn around and say that it isn't a thrashing.

Edited by useless

The 14 Clubs below 6th have had 18 Wins BETWEEN them in their last 5 games. An average of only just over 1 Win each. Honestly, if you are going to panic or criticise every time it happens it’s going to be a loooooonnnnnngggggg season....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I've just googled "3-0" thrashing, and that scoreline is describe as a 'thrashing' plenty of times. It's is a thrashing, and people are allowed to be disappointed by it. It's sillier by far to turn around and say that it isn't a thrashing.

Utterly, utterly ridiculous😂😂😂😂

I know you  are disappointed. You express it practically every time we don’t Win. 
Be my guest.

But I will continue to criticise such a knee jerk approach. 
Im allowed, aswell.

• Like 1

I'm probably the most positive poster on here, which is why I'm disappointed after defeats because I think we can do better and should be aiming to do better. Better that than to write off our chances before every game, and after every bad result act like it doesn't matter because it's to be expected.

From Man. City's perspective it would be a routine win. I'd probably say routine is 2 or 3 goal lead, say for example us beating Rotherham in the championship 3-0 would be seen as routine.

Thrashing in my mind is 4 or more goals like 5-1, 6-0 scorelines but obviously it's different to many.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm probably the most positive poster on here, which is why I'm disappointed after defeats because I think we can do better and should be aiming to do better. Better that than to write off our chances before every game, and after every bad result act like it doesn't matter because it's to be expected.

Where did you predict us to finish in August out of interest?

I said 14th and 42 points so I don't think I'll be too far out either way, we're certainly on course for that with what we've taken so far.

On 20/06/2019 at 10:59, useless said:

I expect us to be challenging for seventh place as one of the 'best of the rest' teams, but as we will have a lot of new players who will need to get used to each other then I can see us having to settle for tenth place.

Tbf useless you are an optimist as you said. I believe I had us finishing 12th and thinking I might've been overly optimistic about our chances at that. I sure as hell hope that your prediction is right though 😉

Well, we certainly aren't crap so that's nice.

We're getting absolutely dry-humped by VAR and refereeing constantly. That's not nice.

I think we'll win some games 1-0 or 2-1 we should probably win 5-0. We must get more clinical and also try and pinch some results we don't deserve. That Brighton win is so huge looking at the next few weeks.

I'm pleased with our progress, to be honest. 

1- look at where we were 12 months ago

2- we had to buy a new team

3- these players are still learning about each other 

4- we are improving 

5- without strange VAR decisions we could easily be on 5-8 points more

6- with fewer stupid errors add another 2/3

7- compare this to our previous relegation season and the difference is night and day

Edited by avfcDJ
  • Like 3

We're better than at least 3 teams. I'm not worried at all. I'm just interested to see how far this team can go this season. How long will we take to hit our peak? I'm predicting a comfortable 11th place finish but I want to be pleasantly surprised. There are some higher places up for grabs this season.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We're better than at least 3 teams. I'm not worried at all. I'm just interested to see how far this team can go this season. How long will we take to hit our peak? I'm predicting a comfortable 11th place finish but I want to be pleasantly surprised. There are some higher places up for grabs this season.

Blimey, great positivity!

Nowhere near that me. Every point feels precious.

I'll be over the moon if we really hit form and start to pull away.

We absolutely need to buy at least one "starter" in Jan to not be in a huge scrap for me.

Would you be fairly comfortable not buying anyone in January and still be thinking we'd be fine?

19 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Blimey, great positivity!

Nowhere near that me. Every point feels precious.

I'll be over the moon if we really hit form and start to pull away.

We absolutely need to buy at least one "starter" in Jan to not be in a huge scrap for me.

Would you be fairly comfortable not buying anyone in January and still be thinking we'd be fine?

If we don't buy anyone I'd revise that to maybe 14th, but I'm assuming we will. I'm sure Dean and the team know we're a bit light up front and we've got owners who are backing us. Fairly certain we won't be relegated. We'll pick up more points than Watford, Newcastle and Southampton I know that for sure. Watford in particular, the best "team" out of that lot have to make up 6 points as well.

I think we're also better than Norwich and Sheffield United I want to say we're better than but I was saying last season that they can't keep up their form all season, but they went and finished 2nd. So yeah around 14th-16th at a baseline, but I'm sure we'll hit our stride at some point. 

Of course I'm not being facetious, and of course losing 9-0 is a thrashing, but you don't have to lose by that much for a defeat to count as such, losing 9-0 is more than a thrashing and something that rarely happens. Why people are so desperate for 3-0 not to be a thrashing I'm not sure, it just is, and that scoreline is commonly referred to as a thrashing in footballing journalism and amongst fans too.

20 minutes ago, useless said:

Of course I'm not being facetious, and of course losing 9-0 is a thrashing, but you don't have to lose by that much for a defeat to count as such, losing 9-0 is more than a thrashing and something that rarely happens. Why people are so desperate for 3-0 not to be a thrashing I'm not sure, it just is, and that scoreline is commonly referred to as a thrashing in footballing journalism and amongst fans too.

3-0 is not a thrashing, sorry. A comfortable win, a routine win sure, but never a thrashing.

• Like 4