Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

You'll keep moving the goalposts until we win the CL and even then there might be more movement yet.

Last season the goalposts were at "He's a midtable manager, we need to finish in the top 6" and now they're at "Yes we're beating teams in the PL that are down to 10 men but we need to do it convincingly". Shows how far we've come in that short space of time ;)

I'm "Smith in" if you didn't realize.

I simply want him to improve in some aspects.

Don't take all criticism as something bad.

Even 11 v 11, saints really were crap.

Good result.

Sadly (because I quite like supporting the underdog) we need sides like Southampton to lose these without any issue. Plenty are picking up unlikely points. Fancy Norwich to beat Man Utd tbh.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm "Smith in" if you didn't realize.

I simply want him to improve in some aspects.

Don't take all criticism as something bad.

There's criticism and then there's nitpicking. "We should be beating teams by 3 goals when they go a man down" is not even an expectation Chelsea fans for example would have.

Just now, Keyblade said:

There's criticism and then there's nitpicking. "We should be beating teams by 3 goals when they go a man down" is not even an expectation Chelsea fans for example would have.

It's not nitpicking.

It's a glaring issue which we need to improve on.

27 minutes ago, useless said:

Could be a good night for Newcastle, if Leicester win by three goals they (Newcastle) will come out of the relegation zone on goal difference.

Tough one to call for them v Wolves. Read they've got Schar out so tempted to say Wolves will pinch that one but will be low scoring game anyway.

Ironically btw Man. United couldn't beat Southampton when they were down to 10 men for similar portion of game to the one we had v West Ham.

I think it's far from certain Man. United will beat Norwich. They can't score more than one goal in a game and can see Pukki getting some chances.

It's good to see another team take a battering to their goal difference, as realistically the same could happen to us over the next few games, but if we can come out of those games still having a better goal difference than three or four clubs then it won't be so bad.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Southampton are in real trouble. They need to stop getting this average managers from abroad and get someone from England.

I'm betting fat sam once they sack this guy 

Pocc was alright?

I think Hassenhuttl is a good manager. Far better than fat Sam.

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I know Southampton are looking poor, but aren't Leicester looking very good as well? I know it's a man in advantage, but their team looks very balanced. 

You're right.

Very, very strong starting XI with very few weaknesses.

Southampton's defending has been shocking but you want to see the players, collectively, come together, roll their sleeves up and give it a right go. You have got to show a little bit more then what Southampton have shown.