Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Smith got a 100 % win record against Lampard as Villa manager though.

9-1 on aggregate over three games isn’t it? 

Chelsea are a different proposition to Derby though, but they aren’t the Chelsea of old. Likewise we aren’t the Villa of last season, we’re much stronger now and Chelsea are beatable. 

3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Norwich are going to get hammered. They way Norwich play they will get dismantled, counter attacking football is what this Man United team is all about. Rashford and Martial will have a field day.

Unless they setup how they did against City then they might have a chance.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Unless they setup how they did against City then they might have a chance.

Man Utd had 1 shot on target against Partizan, which was a penalty by the way...

I think anything is possible regardless of how Norwich set up.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Man Utd had 1 shot on target against Partizan, which was a penalty by the way...

I think anything is possible regardless of how Norwich set up.

I didn’t see the game but looking at the stats it seems like Man U had all the ball yet created nothing.  If Norwich are more on then front foot then it will suit them on the break.

Man U are shit though. Hope OGS keeps his job by the time they play us.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I didn’t see the game but looking at the stats it seems like Man U had all the ball yet created nothing.  If Norwich are more on then front foot then it will suit them on the break.

Man U are shit though. Hope OGS keeps his job by the time they play us.

Partizan played on the front foot for the entire 2nd half and Man Utd still created nothing.

If the players actually turn up it should be a win for them though.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

If you're a man up it's a huge advantage so yeah it should be convincing.

You'll keep moving the goalposts until we win the CL and even then there might be more movement yet.

Last season the goalposts were at "He's a midtable manager, we need to finish in the top 6" and now they're at "Yes we're beating teams in the PL that are down to 10 men but we need to do it convincingly". Shows how far we've come in that short space of time ;)