Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Let’s not forget this little Brighton team cosy quite a lot of money to assemble

Bissouma 15 million

Webster 20 million

Maupay 20 million 

Trossard 18 million

Propper 11 million

Dunk valued 40 million

One of our problems as Villa fans is we think we should be better than a club like Brighton even though they have become established in the premier league and have spent about 200 million in last few years.

Although I do have to agree they seem well coached.

Edited by Only2McInallys
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

Let’s not forget this little Brighton team cosy quite a lot of money to assemble

Bissouma 15 million

Webster 20 million

Maupay 20 million 

Trossard 18 million

Propper 11 million

Dunk valued 40 million

One of our problems as Villa fans is we think we should be better than a club like Brighton even though they have become established in the premier league and have spent about 200 million in last few years.

And little old Aston Villa spent £150m+ and already had Grealish conservative £50m and John McGinn £25m. What’s your point?

What Brighton have got is a cohesive system and  a fighting spirit, something we lack in both departments.

13 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

Bissouma 15 million

Webster 20 million

Maupay 20 million 

Trossard 18 million

Propper 11 million

Dunk valued 40 million

But we spent over £20mil on Mings and Wesley. We spent £15mil on Luiz, £11mil on Nakamba, £12mil on Konsa, £14mil on Targett. And I think Brighton spent about £16mil on Maupay and £15mil on Trossard (sorry to be pedantic). 

Brighton looked pretty woeful under Hughton in his final season, but Potter has got them playing good football and made them tough to beat. He's done a good job there even if they aren't completely safe yet.

14 minutes ago, jim said:

And little old Aston Villa spent £150m+ and already had Grealish conservative £50m and John McGinn £25m. What’s your point?

What Brighton have got is a cohesive system and  a fighting spirit, something we lack in both departments.

Sorry I forgot that we spent £140 million because it’s hardly ever mentioned.

Its just that Brighton have actually spent more than us over the last couple of years as have Bournemouth and West Ham.All of these clubs had the advantage of adding quality to established squads.

Its just an observation that I think is overlooked.We are not the only team fighting relegation who has spent a lot of money.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

Sorry I forgot that we spent £140 million because it’s hardly ever mentioned.

Its just that Brighton have actually spent more than us over the last couple of years as have Bournemouth and West Ham.All of these clubs had the advantage of adding quality to established squads.

Its just an observation that I think is overlooked.We are not the only team fighting relegation who has spent a lot of money.

I would hazard a guess they haven’t spent anywhere near what we have over the last few years. 

According to transfermarkt over the last two seasons they've spend around £140m, so similar to what we spent last summer. But I don't think we truely spent that amount that quote came from Purslow when he was bigging up our owners, in truth a lot of that £140m will be tied up in clauses that we will only have to pay if they're met.

52 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

Bissouma 15 million

Webster 20 million

Maupay 20 million 

Trossard 18 million

Propper 11 million

Dunk valued 40 million

Add to that the Iranian winger cost about 15m and they also signed Izquierdo for 12m and he's been injured for what seems forever.

I actually think Potter and Dean Smith are pretty similar as coaches. Before this mini run Brighton had only won twice in since November after all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jim said:

I would hazard a guess they haven’t spent anywhere near what we have over the last few years. 

According to transfer market site

Brighton 17/18. 60 million net spend            

18/19 80 million net spend                                                                              

19 /20 70 million net spend

Total net spend £210 million

Villa  17/18 2 million net spend

18/19 17 million net spend

19/20 143 milllion net spend

Total net spend £ 162 million

It surprised me when I looked into it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Add to that the Iranian winger cost about 15m and they also signed Izquierdo for 12m and he's been injured for what seems forever.

I actually think Potter and Dean Smith are pretty similar as coaches. Before this mini run Brighton had only won twice in since November after all.

Potter is far better than Smith imo

17 minutes ago, jim said:

Only 210 million since promotion in 2017 and recouped 12 million back

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Potter is far better than Smith imo

They've won three premier league games since November 3rd so lets not get carried away. On similar number of points as they were under Hughton this time last season when they very nearly went down. Still got a few hard fixtures left even if they're in a pretty good position to stay up now.

I wouldn't say them not getting 40 points would be an amazing season tbh. Our par under Lambert was 39 points I think.

Just now, Zatman said:

yet he couldnt get a win vs him this season or finish above him last season 

Despite having a Swansea side many though was better than Brazil 1970 :D