Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Does today's draw for Liverpool mean that they now have to beat Citeh to win the league before they play us (assuming Citeh don't lose midweek)? 

I was so hoping Liverpool won the league before the Citeh game, then got the game against Citeh out of the way before playing us.

I can see Citeh beating them. If they have to beat us to win the league we could be in for a complete massacre.  

33 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Does today's draw for Liverpool mean that they now have to beat Citeh to win the league before they play us (assuming Citeh don't lose midweek)? 

I was so hoping Liverpool won the league before the Citeh game, then got the game against Citeh out of the way before playing us.

I can see Citeh beating them. If they have to beat us to win the league we could be in for a complete massacre.  

A draw vs City would do it for them still, assuming all wins in the other matches. Would be a 20 point gap with 6 games left after that.

22 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

A draw vs City would do it for them still, assuming all wins in the other matches. Would be a 20 point gap with 6 games left after that.

That's what I was worried about. I think Citeh will beat them just to prove a point.  I can see them playing us to win the league which is the last thing I wanted. 

Edited by sidcow

I think the bottom of the table is taking shape rapidly - Brighton look a win away from survival 

I think it's Norwich , Villa - Bournemouth for the drop.

I have a feeling west ham will eek a couple of wins from somewhere. I feel the exact opposite about us - I literally can't see where the next win is coming from.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think it's Norwich , Villa - Bournemouth for the drop.

Agree with the teams but think it will be us bottom , genuinely don’t see us getting another point at the moment 

Apparently in our games against the current top ten we've taken two points from a possible forty-five, that has to be one of the worst ever stats for points taken against top half teams, if not the worst. Doesn't bode well when you consider that five of our remaining games are against top half teams.

Edited by useless

19 minutes ago, useless said:

Apparently in our games against the current top ten we've taken two points from a possible forty-five, that has to be one of the worst ever stats for points taken against top half teams, if not the worst. Doesn't bode well when you consider that five of our remaining games are against top half teams.

We can’t just take the stat this way, we’ve been competetive to most of them, robbed at Palace. Lost by a silly mistake against Spurs.

We could’ve atleast have 5 adding Liverpool to the list.

What I see is it’s a long battle, and we need to be around safety. 

I actually think that some of our rivals match are more important than us. 
I’d be more relaxed going into Newcastle match with West Ham and Brighton losing a day before. 

Only two points from top half of the league is pretty bad, nearly getting results won't help us. If you can't beat not just the better teams but also the average teams, then you virtually have to win every game against everyone else, which isn't going to happen, and hasn't happened which is why we now have no choice but to start beating the better teams otherwise we're relegated.

Not even grinding out a draw or two has really hurt us.

If we'd held out in injury time against Spurs and Liverpool like we should've we'd now be 17th. Won at Arsenal like we should've and we'd be well placed to stay up on 31 points.

Of course all bottom half teams have their hard luck stories but none have wasted as many leads as we have.

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

That's what I was worried about. I think Citeh will beat them just to prove a point.  I can see them playing us to win the league which is the last thing I wanted. 

Conversely Liverpool would like to beat them to win the title and prove a point. Man City also have to beat European-chasing Burnley at home and Chelsea away before then. I'd still say it's more likely that Liverpool have won the title before we play them than not, and we just have to hope that they immediately play the kids after. And again I'd say this would be more likely than not, considering that the City match takes place only 68 hours before our game with them, while they've already lost their unbeaten record and started more dropping points - next season is more important now than some records.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Typical

Sooo if it was reviewed by VAR and spotted then why is nothing happening? are they just choosing not to do anything or are they not allowed? If its the latter, then VAR is even more of a jokeshop than I originally thought. 

19 hours ago, Farlz said:

What these past 2 games have reminded me is that I didn't miss the Premier League, Villa or just football in general one single bit for them 3 months it was gone. 

I've missed it terribly & was excited to set the alarm for 5.00am knowing I would spend my Saturday morning watching Footy. Even without the crowds & the results not being what I wanted I still enjoyed it.

48 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I've missed it terribly & was excited to set the alarm for 5.00am knowing I would spend my Saturday morning watching Footy. Even without the crowds & the results not being what I wanted I still enjoyed it.

I would enjoy it too if i were a Leicester fan

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Has that got anything to do with us? We don't play Arsenal until right at the end which is another 7 games away I think.

More about the inconsistencies in VAR again favouring the big sides.

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Leno has the ball firmly in two hands then Maupay clatters him. He's a disgrace. Pure scum.

Easy to slow replays down and make it fit into your narrative.

Incidents like this happens regularly every season. 

Maupay went for the ball but hit the keeper. Should have been a yellow card nothing more.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1