Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

End of the lockdown, same as Germany 

If the government says its not safe to leave your house to see your family then I would be of the opinion that its not safe to play football, even if it was "safe" I would be of the opinion that its simply not worth it

Can you watch the game in a pub? Can you watch the game with friends and family? Can you go to a park and kick a football about? Because as soon as football is on TV all of those are happening, in Germany the answer is yes you can so the Bundesliga returning is still shit imo due to the circumstances the games will be played but at least its better than the PL

A ball should not be kicked if the lockdown is still in place 

Personally I think they could start playing again before all the lockdown is ended (not now but in a couple of 'stages' time) but can't envisage them doing it without having to change the rules, either of the game itself or the league table.  That makes finishing the season a no-goer and careful consultation between the clubs and the FA to decide on how to resolve the issue of a season not finishing in the future e.g. if next season can't finish they they take the standings after everyone has played everyone else once or something like that.

If it was guaranteed everyone around me had been tested in football, I would play no doubt. They ain't gonna catch it at the ground or playing, sounds like the safety measures will be tight. As some are saying it's not gonna be safe for a long time, there are gonna be risks for a good while yet for everyone.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If it was guaranteed everyone around me had been tested in football, I would play no doubt. They ain't gonna catch it at the ground or playing, sounds like the safety measures will be tight. As some are saying it's not gonna be safe for a long time, there are gonna be risks for a good while yet for everyone.

We're going to win this battle against Coronavirus but we have to be very very careful that when that happens we are not going to be so crippled by debt and unemployment, that poverty will be a major concern, and football clubs, which have been part of our communities for hundreds of years don't disappear. A lot of people on this site are against football restarting but this is not the message I'm getting on the streets. Talking to neighbours from a safe distance everybody wants it to restart. Burnley fans, Bolton fans, Everton fans, Man City fans. They just don't post on forums. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think we wait at least a month...

Too many people are dying, infected and worried about the UK relaxing measures too soon.

Football, for me is really low down the list of priorities.

We are aren’t we? I though the restart date proposed was June 12th or something?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Personally I think they could start playing again before all the lockdown is ended (not now but in a couple of 'stages' time) but can't envisage them doing it without having to change the rules, either of the game itself or the league table.  That makes finishing the season a no-goer and careful consultation between the clubs and the FA to decide on how to resolve the issue of a season not finishing in the future e.g. if next season can't finish they they take the standings after everyone has played everyone else once or something like that.

I dont because I think football comes with a far larger impact socially than just the risk to the 22 players (which I agree is low) 

If people conga on VE day then they are breaking the rules to watch football, its inevitable, pubs will start to fill

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I dont because I think football comes with a far larger impact socially than just the risk to the 22 players (which I agree is low) 

If people conga on VE day then they are breaking the rules to watch football, its inevitable, pubs will start to fill

But theres no plan to reopen pubs until the 4th July and that will only be some. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

But theres no plan to reopen pubs until the 4th July and that will only be some. 

Not a chance! If football is back on the 12th June then pubs will be having lock ins and showing football on the 12th

If football brings lockdown breaking with it then football should not be coming back 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Not a chance! If football is back on the 12th June then pubs will be having lock ins and showing football on the 12th

If football brings lockdown breaking with it then football should not be coming back 

Police are constantly patrolling to see whether this is going on. I don't see how they can get away with it. They would loose their licenses. 

Just now, PaulC said:

Police are constantly patrolling to see whether this is going on. I don't see how they can get away with it. They would loose their licenses. 

Naive

Same with people going around there mates houses to watch it and kids playing in the street

If football comes back everything will follow it, they won't police it, they can't police it now 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Naive

Same with people going around there mates houses to watch it and kids playing in the street

If football comes back everything will follow it, they won't police it, they can't police it now 

Easier to police pubs than peoples houses though. They wont take the risk 

Premier League clubs will hold their next conference call on Monday, when they are expected to vote on medical and training protocols which would allow players to resume limited group work while still respecting social distancing measures.

Villa have spent the past few weeks formulating a plan for the reopening of Bodymoor, which has remained closed since the season was first suspended more than two months ago.

Measures have included the construction of a testing station in the car park, similar to that first trialled by Wolves earlier in the week and which will become standard at all Premier League training grounds.

Under the new medical protocols, players will be screened for symptoms every day and tested twice-a-week for the virus.

They will also be required to arrive at the training ground in their kit, with their own towels and water bottles. Players were advised of the protocols during discussions with the Premier League and PFA.

Villa have remained in frequent contact with players since the campaign was suspended on March 13, with each given an individual training programme to follow.

While players and staff at other clubs were permitted to travel abroad, it is understood Villa advised their playing squad to remain in the UK for the duration of the shutdown.

expressandstar.com

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

We're going to win this battle against Coronavirus but we have to be very very careful that when that happens we are not going to be so crippled by debt and unemployment, that poverty will be a major concern, and football clubs, which have been part of our communities for hundreds of years don't disappear. A lot of people on this site are against football restarting but this is not the message I'm getting on the streets. Talking to neighbours from a safe distance everybody wants it to restart. Burnley fans, Bolton fans, Everton fans, Man City fans. They just don't post on forums. 

See I have the opposite, aside from my friends who are Liverpool fans, a Leeds mate of mine and half of my WBA mates, the rest don’t think football should start any time soon.  I was surprised about the WBA fans but we know people who have lost their lives to the virus.  My Italian mates who are regulars to Inter Milan games don’t think their league should resume.  So I would estimate above 90% of people I know don’t think it should restart and on a sad indictment of my life I know very few Villa fans.

25 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

"Under the new medical protocols, players will be screened for symptoms every day and tested twice-a-week for the virus".

I'm pretty pissed off this has not been happening with front line NHS staff if it can be easily implemented to football players. Who is the biggest risk!!!

Says it all really doesn’t it. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Easier to police pubs than peoples houses though. They wont take the risk 

Have you never been to lock-ins?  If football started I know a few fine establishments that I could get in and the police wouldn’t come and the place would be packed.

p.s. I wouldn’t go at the moment obviously but I’m guessing people would.

Edited by nick76

44 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

"Under the new medical protocols, players will be screened for symptoms every day and tested twice-a-week for the virus".

I'm pretty pissed off this has not been happening with front line NHS staff if it can be easily implemented to football players. Who is the biggest risk!!!

This is a problem and a monumental slap in the face of front-line workers.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

See I have the opposite, aside from my friends who are Liverpool fans, a Leeds mate of mine and half of my WBA mates, the rest don’t think football should start any time soon.  I was surprised about the WBA fans but we know people who have lost their lives to the virus.  My Italian mates who are regulars to Inter Milan games don’t think their league should resume.  So I would estimate above 90% of people I know don’t think it should restart and on a sad indictment of my life I know very few Villa fans.

Ok, maybe because I live out in the sticks and nobody has had it where I am, people take a different view. 

1 hour ago, useless said:

They will also be required to arrive at the training ground in their kit, with their own towels and water bottles. Players were advised of the protocols during discussions with the Premier League and PFA.

Players driving around town in their kit :crylaugh:

49 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

This is the biggest thing for me as to why football should not return until we have all of the front line essential workers/services being tested on a regular basis.

It is morally wrong that non essential workers should be tested at the expense of those that really need it. The Government promised to have 100,000 tests per day in place by the end of April. This has yet to be achieved which is a disgrace in itself. 

Now, if by the time they are talking about testing non essential workers and footballers they have everything in place to cover all of our essential key workers etc, then fine go ahead with it. But until then it should not be entertained.

The priorities are all wrong.

Back to league 2 , they are ending as they can't afford to play with no fans and pay for the testing ..

What happens if we ge tto August /Sept and same protocals are in place then they can't start the season , so if I'm a league one club threatened with relegation I'm going to vote for no relegation as well.

Just watching the Dortmound game with no fans - spoiler alert  , its crap