Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Why is it so important to finish this season when we have now been told by government advisors that "social distancing will be required for most of the next year". It's not just this season that will have to be voided, it' will unfortunately be next season as well. I hope I'm wrong, but stats and latest 'science' indicate that it will be approximately 12/18 months before we can resume social life as we know it.

A coronavirus vaccination is probably still at least 12/18 months away which means that social distancing will have to be very carefully policed during this period of time, and that means no football.

Once everyone has been vaccinated it will be all systems go again.

I have more time for other things now than worrying about relegation. It actually feels pretty liberating lol.

Given enough time though I will really miss the game...

VTID

• Like 2

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

I have more time for other things now than worrying about relegation. It actually feels pretty liberating lol.

Given enough time though I will really miss the game...

VTID

Must admit I'm not missing it at all, guess that's a pretty sad reflection of being a Villa fan.

36 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Why don't we just continue in the Autumn and play another season on top of the one we've played so far? Then have a combined 2019-2021 season.

Don’t give them ideas please. 😂

Let them void it as soon as possible.

• Haha 1

So the premier league want to finish the season behind closed doors at the peak of the virus and with social distancing still in operation. Hmm.

I think it is going to be a disagreement between the owners and tv companies versus the players and pfa as in theory they could be putting their health at risk for their chosen profession.

15 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

So the premier league want to finish the season behind closed doors at the peak of the virus and with social distancing still in operation. Hmm.

I think it is going to be a disagreement between the owners and tv companies versus the players and pfa as in theory they could be putting their health at risk for their chosen profession.

If the PFA has any balls they will torpedo that asap. They are mooting the same for Serie A, paying all the games in one place, 3 a day etc. Basically concentrating a generation of talent in one place with a deadly virus and rolling the dice to see if 1 player in 100 dies or not. Totally absurd and reckless if it happens.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Why is it so important to finish this season when we have now been told by government advisors that "social distancing will be required for most of the next year". It's not just this season that will have to be voided, it' will unfortunately be next season as well. I hope I'm wrong, but stats and latest 'science' indicate that it will be approximately 12/18 months before we can resume social life as we know it.

A coronavirus vaccination is probably still at least 12/18 months away which means that social distancing will have to be very carefully policed during this period of time, and that means no football.

Once everyone has been vaccinated it will be all systems go again.

How is it that Wuhan (China), ground zero has already started to gradually get back to normal life?

Might be because China didn't doss about to implement rules. The rest of "us" are either just too stubborn or ignorant/arrogant.

Not sure how true but I saw a story about massive concerts etc still going on in the UK up to a couple of days ago. Idiot teens and young ones getting sloshed in Miami for spring break by the thousands.

Granted, the Chinese for the most part use/d extreme measures (Such as literally chasing down and netting/catching people to Quarantine like dogs) but it seems to have worked.

Basically, it's obvious that it is possible to control and get over this relatively quickly if we don't all act like selfish idiots!

Government here in Qatar have just today had to impose strict rules, fines and arrests, as the "advice" and stipulations from Government weren't working, people were still taking the piss.

Whether it is though sheer ignorance, or just not taking it seriously, I don't know.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How is it that Wuhan (China), ground zero has already started to gradually get back to normal life?

Might be because China didn't doss about to implement rules. The rest of "us" are either just too stubborn or ignorant/arrogant.

Not sure how true but I saw a story about massive concerts etc still going on in the UK up to a couple of days ago. Idiot teens and young ones getting sloshed in Miami for spring break by the thousands.

Granted, the Chinese for the most part use/d extreme measures (Such as literally chasing down and netting/catching people to Quarantine like dogs) but it seems to have worked.

Basically, it's obvious that it is possible to control and get over this relatively quickly if we don't all act like selfish idiots!

Government here in Qatar have just today had to impose strict rules, fines and arrests, as the "advice" and stipulations from Government weren't working, people were still taking the piss.

Whether it is though sheer ignorance, or just not taking it seriously, I don't know.

I read that China were more prepared for this because of the SARS epidemic. Seems like rather than making sure another virus didn’t breakout they just made sure they were prepared for the next one instead. 

I agree we’re not helping ourselves though. One for off topic I guess. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They finally stopped them eating all the animals and crap they shouldn't be eating, untill the next virus comes along from China. It's about bloody time they woke up about what they are homer simpson'in in there mouths, because thats two diseases now to of come out of that country.

Do you know my son went round the shop other day and all the beer was gone, the beer festival, not only is the food flying off but the drunkard stuff is as well, this is a desease not a party virus lol. EVEN seen some notice on someone's door saying trading toilet roll for bread, this panic buying is as if there is a zombie apocalypse, oh well the walking dead will be getting a boost in ratings again.

We as a country have been ignoring our priministers for so long that when one comes out and says there is a real concern and people are dieing, we all just think Bollox mate STFU and throw yourself a pay rise while we go to our pubs to contract the damn disease.

The whole world goes on lockdown and us Brits say **** it and get Sozzled and while we're at it lets get the raves on and get totally ballzed up with tons of drugs.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont miss it at all and if honest have barely watched a full game all season thats not Villa. Truth is the Premier League is a whole pile of hyped up crap and I know some people thinks its a "lack of ambition" but the Championship was a hell of a lot more fun

Like x 1,000

We’re going to lose Grealish anyway, and whilst I’d be gutted, that’s not a concern of mine. His talents deserve better and I’d wish him all the best. He should be ending his career with some serious silverware. It’s a dream to think that he’ll achieve that here.

Mings is a top guy and an important player to have around because of his general stature and personality, but I wouldn’t be too gutted if he decided the PL is where he wants to be. 

SJM: I’m not sure about him anyway and think he’s a Championship player. If another club decides he’s worth a sizeable amount then I’d take it and the money would come in handy. 

As long as Purslow and the owners are as good as we think they are, they’ve managed the finances prudently, and prepared us for the worst, we’ll still have a football club to support. So all in all, relegation wouldn’t bother me one iota. It’ll be rubbish if we go down and go on losing streaks again*, but that’s down to the manager, and if that happens, then he should be replaced, but I would stick with him for the time being if we got relegated. 

*I’m still unsure whether Smith’s arse was only saved last season purely because he had the benefit of a once in a generation player.

Also with China you have ever component of the massive government enforcing the issue. Also the open secret that if you were flouting a direct order to isolate you'd end up in some gulag never to be seen again. 

I really hope that it stops these disgusting eating habits. I saw some videos of the markets in Wuhan, Jesus Christ it looks worse than medieval. I think the world could have a decent case for reparations from China for all the repercussions, they are to blame. People trying to throw shade on Trump for calling it the 'Chinese Virus' but he's not wrong, just impolite. 

I have to admit I'm more worried about the financial implications than the buy itself. We have barely recovered from the bailout which wasn't that expensive despite what the politicians say (government money turned into bank shares which were later sold for a relatively small loss). However this will be very, very expensive. Like World War expensive, two of which emptyed the treasury which we had filled by conquering a third of the world for 150 years before WW1 and 2. We could be paying for this for decades.