Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

It's pretty difficult looking at the PL table right now especially when we are statistically a much higher ranked team, hopefully by the end of today it'll be a bit more pleasing on the eye. I really can see us going on a decent run soon 🤞

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The league table is interesting. I am a firm believer in that GD indicates final league positions, and we are doing alright. The teams below us got a shocking GD. 

Although I agree with what you're saying, but still some variables play in. As long as we keep getting points here and there then yes. But a run of losing would be harmful to confidence level then affect GD.

I remember when the scum went down the other year, they weren't doing bad, they had an ok GD and even didn't look like going down. Somehow they managed to do that!

As long as it doesn't come via us throwing away a healthy lead, or conceding at the death again, then a draw today will be a decent result for us, will mean we will have extended the gap between ourselves and eighteenth place to four points over the weekend. A win would be our best result of the season so far.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

As long as it doesn't come via us throwing away a healthy lead, or conceding at the death again, then a draw today will be a decent result for us, will mean we will have extended the gap between ourselves and eighteenth place to four points over the weekend. A win would be our best result of the season so far.

While you're obviously correct,  I can't help but feel we need to pick up 3 pointers here and there. 

Draws are often the biggest reason why a team gets relegated. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Yeah we need something today. Going to be huge pressure to win v Newcastle anyway and that's looking a very dangerous fixture to me.

They aren't that bad away, have motivated ex manager coming back and I was also hoping Almiron and this Saint Max guy would've scored for them by now. You know what we're like for players who've gone ages without scoring usually get one v us.

9 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

remember when the scum went down the other year, they weren't doing bad, they had an ok GD and even didn't look like going down. Somehow they managed to do that

They have this innate ability to turn victory into defeat. BCFC, the gift that keeps on giving. 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

While you're obviously correct,  I can't help but feel we need to pick up 3 pointers here and there. 

Draws are often the biggest reason why a team gets relegated. 

point away is fine, few of them and win half the home games....

Newcastle is HUGE.

Gaps starting to open up in table now, we're 4 points off 13th etc.

We need Grealish, Heaton and Engels all back for Newcastle otherwise it's going to be a massive struggle.

Can't see many points in the 3 games after that.

Just have to pick up what we can before those critical 5-6 games over xmas/new year where we simply have to pick up some wins.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We are top of our mini league. Let's not forget that yet  

Watford will improve and the gap is widening above us. There is a very real chance we are on 7 defeats on the spin by the time the Shef utd game comes around.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Newcastle is HUGE.

Gaps starting to open up in table now, we're 4 points off 13th etc.

We need Grealish, Heaton and Engels all back for Newcastle otherwise it's going to be a massive struggle.

Can't see many points in the 3 games after that.

Just have to pick up what we can before those critical 5-6 games over xmas/new year where we simply have to pick up some wins.

It certainly is. The concern is that if we don't win that one - and we have an abysmal record against them, and they're just starting to play well - we could easily end up getting close to ten games without a win given what follows. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We are top of our mini league. Let's not forget that yet  

I want to do a little better than 17th tbh.

Not demanding top half or anything. Said in August 14th place and 42 points so that's my bar for the season. I won't be far out either way I suspect.

December will tell us a lot. We play Southampton, Norwich and Watford over 7 days (and Watford again in January) so fair to say we need at least two wins from those four games.

We are capable IF we have our full side out. That looks unlikely given the injuries and suspensions every team picks up with all the games over xmas.