Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

9 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Surely we just want the bottom 14 or so to draw against each other? 

Whilst I agree with this, in fact I gave it a like, I see why people are pleased that Southampton are losing to Everton. The assumption, I assume, being that Everton will ultimately be at least mid table, but Southampton are much more likely to be relegated. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Whilst I agree with this, in fact I gave it a like, I see why people are pleased that Southampton are losing to Everton. The assumption, I assume, being that Everton will ultimately be at least mid table, but Southampton are mush more likely to be relegated. 

Bang on.

18 minutes ago, jim said:

And Smith has one of the best squads on the Championship, so all things considered equal. 

That 1 crippled senior centre back he had for 1st 3 months. Cracking squad 

• Like 1

I'm keeping my powder dry when it comes to watching the teams around us until the end of the season. That said, I would bloody love to beat wolves and stay a couple of wins and goal difference ahead of the relegation pack - just for day-to-day anxiety reduction. 

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Whilst I agree with this, in fact I gave it a like, I see why people are pleased that Southampton are losing to Everton. The assumption, I assume, being that Everton will ultimately be at least mid table, but Southampton are much more likely to be relegated. 

I was hoping that Newcastle would continue losing a few weeks ago. Now there a win off 5th. We just need the bottom 16 to collectively get as few points as possible.

About as weak as I remember this division.

• Like 1

A win tomorrow could put us 13th. Worse case in mid November we will be 3 points outside the relegation zone with a far superior goal difference to those in the bottom 3. I'd have taken that at the start of the season and I'll take it come the end of the season. 

Anyone who thought we'd be in anything other than a relegation battle this season was way too optimistic. What is really promising though is that we have so far held our own in every game that we have played and shown we can compete at this level. Keep that up and I'm confident we'll be fine but fully expect we will be in and around the drop zone all season.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

It's going to be a big xmas for us. Southampton and Norwich at home and then Watford and Burnley away. 8 points from that and we should move into the mid table group.

That's the crucial period for us as we have (on paper) lots of tough home games in the last three months so need decent number of points on the board before we hit that run.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

Yeah I think Xmas will be make or break. Table looking pretty grim. The shit thing is we've actually played quite well in the first 11 games, with only 11 points to show for it. We might not play that well in the next 11 which is very worrying. 

• Like 1