Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

I don't think they'll (West Ham) get relegated but not as good as some were suggesting earlier in the season. For some reason they seem to be a team that often gets hyped up by many, but they never seem to live up to the expectations.

Edited by useless

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Cabbage 2 pts ahead of us now.

Or alternatively if it stays this way another winnable home game they just draw or lose.

I was having this debate with my Dad in the pub an hour ago. He was saying Villa hardly won any games this season, my point was Villa have won as many as Man. United, Spurs (currently) and one less than Arsenal which you'd have been happy with on August 10th.

It's still incredibly tight below 4th. Normally at this point in the season league starts to get divided into 2-3 mini leagues but so far not the case with pretty much a third of the season gone.

3 hours ago, useless said:

Taking nothing away from Lampard, but the job Smith did with us when he arrived is much more impressive than the job Lampard is doing with Chelsea. Chelsea have one of the best squads in the premier league, whoever is in charge they should be challenging for top four as a minimum.

And Smith had one of the best squads on the Championship, so all things considered equal. 

Edited by jim

Not really, Smith inherited a team that Bruce had left in a mess, both in terms of the defence, and results on the pitch, Lampard has had a pre-season with Chelsea. What didn't dawn on me whilst I made that post was that Lampard was the manager of Derby at the time, and Smith did better than him in that regard as well.

• Like 1

Just now, turvontour said:

Surely we just want the bottom 14 or so to draw against each other? 

I want a clear and defined bottom three. Everton will never remain a relegation candidate imo.

• Like 2