Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

23 minutes ago, useless said:

We've spent about £400m in the same time period and have absolutey nothing to show for it. Edit: According to transfermarkt since the 2009/10 season we've spent £439m

Out of interest have Man Utd achieved anything since 2010? Genuine question as I have little interest in them. 

30 minutes ago, useless said:

They've won two Premier league titles, an FA Cup a League Cup and the Europa league.

I looked into those wins. The squad was entirely made from the Fergie era.  The only key player they actually bought after 2010, to fall within the £ 1 billion, was David de Gea for the 2012 win. 

Think it's safe to say they have little to show for it as well, despite spending obscene money. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Ignoring any comparisons to what we have or haven't achieved, for a club that's meant to be a super club their trophy haul over the last ten years is pretty bad.

It's still better than everyone bar City and Chelsea though. Liverpool winning the CL last season probably brings them close though.

• Like 1

Yes but City and Chelsea aren't really meant to be super clubs in the sense that United are, or have been historically. A fairer comparsion would be to see how their trophy haul compares to clubs like Madrid, Barcelona,  Fußball-Club Bayern München e.V and Juventus, because as club that's the level they see themselves at or at least the level they think they should be at, i.e a European super giant.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d love to see how loyal their fans were if they went down. They’d be screwed.

I imagine many of them would just lose interest in football, until the inevitable promotion, when they all suddenly remember their loyalties, originating from that ‘Uncle from Manchester’ that got them into Man Utd in the first place.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I imagine many of them would just lose interest in football, until the inevitable promotion, when they all suddenly remember their loyalties, originating from that ‘Uncle from Manchester’ that got them into Man Utd in the first place.

I have a mate who’s a Man U fan and he has kept saying the have to stick with OGS because he understands the club!  what does that even mean?

Apparently there is no other manager out there. 

50 minutes ago, useless said:

Ignoring any comparisons to what we have or haven't achieved, for a club that's meant to be a super club their trophy haul over the last ten years is pretty bad.

If it wasn’t for pep’s great Barca team the probably would have had a couple more champions league wins in recent history. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

It's still better than everyone bar City and Chelsea though. Liverpool winning the CL last season probably brings them close though.

Liverpool have only won the CL and League Cup since 2006

Man Utd are appalling in comparison to previous side's of theirs over the years. To fall to Bruce's old style of keep it tight and try to knick a goal is laughable. Just shows how far Man Utd have fallen and I hope they play like this against us when we get to have a go at them. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Man Utd are appalling in comparison to previous side's of theirs over the years. To fall to Bruce's old style of keep it tight and try to knick a goal is laughable. Just shows how far Man Utd have fallen and I hope they play like this against us when we get to have a go at them. 

Knowing our luck they will have their 6 first team players that are out back by then and look a much better team. 

15 hours ago, PaulC said:

I'm not worried about teams below us winning at this stage of the season. Its in our hands to achieve a points total that will keep us away from relegation. 

I agree but it’d still be cool if this was one of these 30-32 points keep you safe kind of seasons. That said, despite some poor results and missed points, we’ve been in every game with a chance to get points until the very end, I think it bodes well and hope it continues.

I’m also a believer of the goal difference roughly showing the correct positions theory.

• Like 1