• Adomah
    • El Ghazi
    • Abraham
    • Green (Adomah 72)
    • Hause (Mings 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/05/19 at 22:59

Just arrived back home after a remarkable day! Was afraid my e-ticket was sold to others so was there just when they opened, sat in the Derby end so I had to restrain my celebrations, but sneaked away to the Villa end after the final whitsle and joined in, just wonderful to see all happy celebrating villans!

Must say the Derby fans were class as well, congratulating me after the game and behaving well during it.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Don’t know where the best place to put this but...

just wanted to post a bit about not looking back in anger. 

I was at Reading away which was Bruce’s first game away, think it was a Conor last minute winner and first away win in like 2 years and at the end they played this song which then became a thing.

Tony did plenty, plenty wrong but I really feel like appointing Bruce was a turning point for us. With that game we went from a joke club which was doing a Sunderland to being a well organised team which gave ourselves a chance. It wasn’t enough and I think the game has grown past the likes of Bruce etc but it stopped the rott and when I heard that song at full time I really felt the journey of these last few years and... I don’t know..: it felt like it meant something. 

Totally agree. We are where we are. And there are reasons for it - many reasons. 

• Like 1

After all that I would like to commiserate the Derby fans, they’re a proper club with proper fans and it was a pleasure to play against you. You played well, didn’t kick the living shit out of our players like Fulham or Baggies did, and your manager was gracious in defeat. 

Hang in there guys, last year was devastating for us, but what a difference a year makes. Good luck next year, beat dirty Leeds, and the scum and the baggies and come and join us in the PL. I hope to god we’ll be there waiting! 

• Like 4

Loved celebrating with fellow fans in the ground on the final whistle. It means so much to us all. 

We’re not just back  to make up the numbers. I honestly believe something special is happening at the club. 

One thing that pissed me of was the 5 or 6 empty seats next to me. They need to do something about these tickets given to sponsors. If people don’t want to go then sell them on FFS. 

• Like 1

Firstly congratulations to yourself for ultimately the winning the game 

it’s such a shame that ultimately the winning goal was such a poor mistake.

i didn’t think there was much in the game at all and with another ten minutes we probably  Would have taken it and I did say we wouldn’t give up which we didn’t which was nice from my point of view

obviously if we were able to field a full first team we may have had a different game, waghorn and Marriott weren’t for fit enough to start And holmes couldn’t recover at all to replace Bryson spot in central midfield  so we’ve had to start with Huddlestone  which slows us down and obviously missing a 3-4 left backs 

congratulations again 

Edited by Visiting Ram
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

After all the weird football dreams I've been having, this still feels like another one. It really hasn't sunk in yet, even though I saw it with my own eyes. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Visiting Ram said:

i didn’t think there was much in the game at all and with another ten minutes we probably  Would have taken it and I did say we wouldn’t give up which we didn’t which was nice from my point of view

obviously if we were able to field a full first team we may have had a different game, waghorn and Marriott weren’t for fit enough to start And holmes couldn’t recover at all to replace Bryson spot in central midfield  so we’ve had to start with Huddlestone  which slows us down and obviously missing a 3-4 left backs 

congratulations again 

We really did expect a close game, and that's what we got. Honestly, nobody expected a walkover. Derby are a massive club, how about we stay up and you join us? I hope so. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Visiting Ram said:

obviously if we were able to field a full first team we may have had a different game, waghorn and Marriott weren’t for fit enough to start And holmes couldn’t recover at all to replace Bryson spot in central midfield  so we’ve had to start which slows us down and obviously missing a 3-4 left backs 

congratulations again 

Thank you. I have to say, I spoke to a lot of Derby fans both before and after the match, and to a man (and woman) they were a fine bunch. You certainly gave it a go, but I can't help feeling you'd had your finest moment, your 'real' cup final, at Elland Road (for which, much thanks - it saved me from having to travel with a load of LUFC fans!) I was sat next to a Rams fan on the train down, and he said something to the effect of: "If I'm honest, the upper reaches of the Championship is Derby's 'natural' level - but let's face it, Villa are a Premier League club". Overly self-effacing, or realistic? Dunno, but many of the DCFC fans seemed to have the same attitude. 

I felt 2-1 was about right on the balance of play. Hope you have another good season next year, and who knows? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mantis said:

Funnily enough I actually missed McGinn's goal, as I just happened to be walking out of the room when he scored. As soon as El Ghazi's shot went into the air I thought "keeper's got that easily", got up and walked out and turned round to see he'd scored.

Yep, me too. 

I needed a piss and got up to run to the can and nearly broke an ankle turning back!

• Like 1

4 minutes still to play yesterday and I was holding back the tears..

Soon as the ref blew that whistle I just uncontrollably cried my eyes out for a good 20 minutes while we were celebrating, whilst at the same time I was also laughing!  What a huge relief! 

😭😭😭😂  :hooray:

• Like 1

Â