• Adomah
    • El Ghazi
    • Abraham
    • Green (Adomah 72)
    • Hause (Mings 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/05/19 at 22:59

17 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

4 minutes still to play yesterday and I was holding back the tears..

Soon as the ref blew that whistle I just uncontrollably cried my eyes out for a good 20 minutes while we were celebrating, whilst at the same time I was also laughing!  What a huge relief! 

😭😭😭😂  :hooray:

Ditto 😁

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Bloody love you all. Today is running my wedding close for best day ever.

I get married next week...when I talk about the "best day of my life" this will be mentioned, I'm sure the football hating Mrs will be thrilled 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I love this football club.

I love the players, the fans, the badge, the colours, the songs, the togetherness, how much the players seem to enjoy it, how much I enjoy it, that I got to take my nephew and give him a day he'll remember for years, that beach balls and smoke bombs are fun, that our celebrity fan is a proper fan who lives it, the history, the now, the future - today.

I'm exhausted and it's wonderful.

Also, it would appear that half of VT were in the Green Man and the only one I met was BOF, through a fence. Still, BOF for thirty second through a fence beats an hour with anyone that would vote our manager as poor I guess! :P

Glory Hunter.😀

was they holding up   "ID cards " ?🙄

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, Dick said:

We really did expect a close game, and that's what we got. Honestly, nobody expected a walkover. Derby are a massive club, how about we stay up and you join us? I hope so. 

It would be nice but the reality is that a lot of our stupid contracts are coming to an end and we have some seriously good youngsters coming through so it’s quite exciting but the down side is that they have to learn which costs points and we have to sell when a decent offer comes in and it’s incredibly difficult to compete with clubs with huge parachute payments which are used (wrongly in my opinion) to purchase everybody they want ( I have no problem with clubs spending what they have but why do they actually get parachute payments- what are they for) and just out of interest if Villa didn’t have parachute payments how do you feel you would have got on in the championship?

again good luck next season and I hope you don’t get all those Sunday lunchtime games and you do manage 1 or 2 floodlit midweek games 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Visiting Ram said:

It would be nice but the reality is that a lot of our stupid contracts are coming to an end and we have some seriously good youngsters coming through so it’s quite exciting but the down side is that they have to learn which costs points and we have to sell when a decent offer comes in and it’s incredibly difficult to compete with clubs with huge parachute payments which are used (wrongly in my opinion) to purchase everybody they want ( I have no problem with clubs spending what they have but why do they actually get parachute payments- what are they for) and just out of interest if Villa didn’t have parachute payments how do you feel you would have got on in the championship?

again good luck next season and I hope you don’t get all those Sunday lunchtime games and you do manage 1 or 2 floodlit midweek games 

Look at where Villa were at the beginning of this season, you're in a much better place. You'll pass FFP and can rebuild with a young manager in charge - and fwiw, Frank is a very good manager.

As for what would have happened with Villa. Our owners were confident we'd be ok, but Jack would have gone, perhaps McGinn, definitely Mings and Abraham, so we would have had to build again - but that's football.

If you can bring Mount and Wilson back, and add another 3/4 good young players, you will storm the league, I hope so, and I hope you batter Leeds twice.

• Like 1

At half time I thought back to 4 years ago against Southampton I think it was and how the players were booed off at half time and the song that all supporters hate to sing but sometimes has to be done was "you're not fit to wear the shirt".....

Yesterday we went 1 up just before half time, and at half time the players went off to a wall of Villa noise and singing the "Allez" song.

What a difference in 4 years

What a day, what an experience, what fantastic fans we have......what a great club we have.........we are back

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

First time being at Wembley. What a game, what an atmosphere. Just felt so surreal at the full time whistle, still pinching myself now! Well done to all you Villa boys, back in the big time!!!

It's not always quite like that.......

I can’t quote the picture because the thread’s closed, but it was an absolute pleasure to meet some of the VT lads before the game. 

All gents. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can’t quote the picture because the thread’s closed, but it was an absolute pleasure to meet some of the VT lads before the game. 

All gents. 

Just seen it. Great picture. 

40 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's not always quite like that.......

I think that's my 5th time seeing us at Wembley (old and new) and the only game I've ever seen us win there.

It's usually been a very long, silent journey home.

Â