• Adomah
    • El Ghazi
    • Abraham
    • Green (Adomah 72)
    • Hause (Mings 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/05/19 at 22:59

With all this talk of Elmo and El Ghazi fasting for Ramadan, did anybody notice their little prayer routine at the final whistle? Kneeling heads down on the turf alongside each other (they clearly hadn't worked out which way was was East, mind). Makes a change from the Catholics crossing themselves and looking heavenwards, I suppose. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

With all this talk of Elmo and El Ghazi fasting for Ramadan, did anybody notice their little prayer routine at the final whistle? Kneeling heads down on the turf alongside each other (they clearly hadn't worked out which way was was East, mind). Makes a change from the Catholics crossing themselves and looking heavenwards, I suppose. 

I think they did it after the goals too. 

Think it’s pretty common for Muslim players to do that. 

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Note to self: when you're an old geezer of average height with a grey beard, don't be photographed with three tall and handsome young chaps. 

"Willie Nelson", indeed... 

Still getting plenty though ain’t you. 

4 hours ago, Michelsen said:

I’m still struggling to put all the emotions from monday into words. I don’t think I can, not sure I ever could.

It was a great day all round. Meeting all the guys from VT was a pleasure - @GarethRDR, @mjmooney, @Stevo985, @StefanAVFC, and the biggest Villa fan ever in Stef’s brother as well - it was lovely meeting you all. If I forgot, thanks again very much for the drink, Mike, you’re a true gentleman. 

The atmosphere was surreal. Green Man was packed at half ten when we got there. Villa fans everywhere we went. The game, the goals, the win, the celebration, the being back where we belong. 

After the initial manic jumping and hugging random strangers, by full time I was emotionally drained. 

What a day. 

Right back at ya, Marius. A brilliant, brilliant day all round, and couldn't have asked for better company. It would be good to do it again, but sat down in a nicer pub, with decent ale. If you ever fancy a trip to Yorkshire... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Right back at ya, Marius. A brilliant, brilliant day all round, and couldn't have asked for better company. It would be good to do it again, but sat down in a nicer pub, with decent ale. If you ever fancy a trip to Yorkshire... 

Are you saying Yorkshire can do better than plastic glasses of Carling?
I'll believe that when I see it.

• Haha 2

On 28/05/2019 at 15:59, Stevo985 said:

Only bad part about yesterday was the deafening music played after the game from the final whistle until everyone had left. 

I know there were a couple of relevant Villa tunes, but you almost couldn’t hear anything else. 

I was looking forward to hearing chants and songs from the crowd and all you could hear was that awful **** “we love you villa we do” song. 

I'm so glad someone else thought this.  All those standing round me were cursing the music-which was bloody loud-and stopped us properly serenading the team at the end!

• Like 2

On 29/05/2019 at 17:00, mjmooney said:

It was The Lucky Orange wot won it. 

Now the stickers make sense, did wonder why loads of fans had something about a lucky orange on them.

Â