Tickets

Czechlad

Been agonising all day over whether to just splash out and worry about it later. Genuinely just went to buy 2 Wembley box seats for £700 each from that Live Football Tickets website... Then realised there was an extra £200 admin fees and tax on top of each one!!!! 

38 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Been agonising all day over whether to just splash out and worry about it later. Genuinely just went to buy 2 Wembley box seats for £700 each from that Live Football Tickets website... Then realised there was an extra £200 admin fees and tax on top of each one!!!! 

I'm so torn, i feel like i want to be there but the prices are only increasing on other websites.  Even contemplating travelling down and watching it near Wembley.

3 minutes ago, TomIsADeftone said:

I'm so torn, i feel like i want to be there but the prices are only increasing on other websites.  Even contemplating travelling down and watching it near Wembley.

Exactly the same as me mate. I just don't want to just watch it at home, I feel like I need to be there, but the prices are just so astronomical and only going to go up like you say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

29 minutes ago, TomIsADeftone said:

i spent all of this morning on the Villa tickets website pressing refresh, every so often the odd ticket became available and i managed to get two together. There was not many that came up, maybe 20 or so and these were mainly singles.

Don't know how this came about, but if you have the time i suggest you give it a go in the morning just in case.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Try fan pass , they had loads up over the last few days anywhere from 385 upwards at the last check , I dont think they charge the admin fees either.

3 minutes ago, CraigyAVFC1987 said:

Try fan pass , they had loads up over the last few days anywhere from 385 upwards at the last check , I dont think they charge the admin fees either.

They do but nowhere (£37 compared to £120) near the level of other sites, and I am sure they include VAT in their advertised price as well.

51 minutes ago, imavillan said:

i spent all of this morning on the Villa tickets website pressing refresh, every so often the odd ticket became available and i managed to get two together. There was not many that came up, maybe 20 or so and these were mainly singles.

Don't know how this came about, but if you have the time i suggest you give it a go in the morning just in case.

there are a lot doing this...been doing it all day but every time one becomes available im not quick enough

Hi guys just a friendly word of warning...I’m not speaking about any specific Ticket outlet - and there are perfectly respectable ones out there - but as an ex Trading Standards Officer I could tell you stories about reselling that’d make your hair fall out.

So much so, that if I hadn’t got a ticket, I’d risk a tout on the day or watch on TV rather than use some of the reselling sites.

Anyway, good luck to those that do try it.

As for those thinking of travelling down just to be there. .....went with my Dad to the ‘77 Final and we had no tickets. He wasn’t able to get two so we didn’t go in until they opened the gates with 15 minutes left.....but I’ve never forgotten the experience. I can recommend it.

(Actually those that saw the whole Final said we were lucky to miss it !)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I got mine at 5:30 on Wednesday and they still haven't arrived. I am hoping they will come today. They only send them first class and not signed for recorded.

Any luck yet ?

Got mine the same time as you ( without your help this year mate !) and they arrived Saturday morning.....

• Like 1

On 20/05/2019 at 20:53, OutByEaster? said:

But mostly only to people who'd already been to a number of away games.

I don't know why, but I've always assumed that those people are also season ticket holders. Following Villa away is like a club, once you're in, you're in, but getting in isn't all that easy - nothing against that, those people that go every week should get in first, but I'm slightly surprised those people aren't also people who go to every home game. 

They made it very easy this season. I was already in but most criteria were scrapped for 2018/19...... I was told by that the Away Scheme was undersubscribed. I mention this because they never announced the changes......and as far as I know it’s the same for next season, so if you want to be in, nows the time !

6 hours ago, terrytini said:

If you want to be in, nows the time !

Sadly, my problem is that I can't be in. I have a loose agreement with work that I'm off for pretty much every home game, but don't push it for aways. I'd ideally like to go to around four or five away games a year, and that's very difficult - there's a sort of all or nothing about being "in".

Bought my ticket in the 5pm Saturday rush, got confirmation email etc, but ticket not arrived yet......I guess if its not arrived by Friday I will have to call Villa ticket office and arrange to collect at wembley.........just like I had to last year.......

Anyone else in the same situation?

Â