Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bristol City

limpid

Match Polls  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manger's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/04/19 at 22:59

1 minute ago, Raymond said:

Happy to admit I did not expect that performance. What a showing. 

I saw the lineup, put £20 on Bristol, and pissed off out. :blush:

What a result, certainly didn't expect that. 8 in a row, 5 points clear of 7th, and Bristol still play derby. What an incredible 2 months this has bee.

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Better finishing and a different keeper and it would have been about 6-1.

Elmo, Mcginn, El Ghazi were great. Davis also great when he came on. His hold up play and strength is exceptional.

Also whoever came up with 6 mins stoppage time needs to be sacked.

I thought Taylor was great today as well

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Villa very much the better side second half.

Penalty was a massive decision, although you were already well on top at the point it was awarded.

Good game. Hell of a keeper you have there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That scoreline did not reflect the game at all.  Bristol's keeper was immense today and kept them in it all game.  We absolutely battered them and were it not for their goalkeeper, we could have easily scored 5-6 on another day. El Ghazi's best performance for us, by far.  Dominated the game all around, but special mentions for Taylor and Elmo at fullback. 

It's strange, though.  I know we dominated that game in all aspects, but it looked like we never got out of 2nd gear at all that game and comfortably beat our biggest rivals in the promotion race.  Bristol did not play like a team in the playoff hunt.  Credit to Deano for setting us up perfectly today, as we managed to tactically beat them before and after they changed shape.

8 in 8, boys!  UTV!!!

• Like 2

Overall we very much deserved that, we had much more than they did but we had to dig deep at the end. You could see how many of our players went straight to ground on the whistle which gives you an idea of how much they had to expend to protect that lead.

However, we shouldn't have let them back in. They got that cross in they scored from because of some pissing about in the wrong part of the pitch - Taylor and El Ghazi, I think, - when what and all was needed was a foot through it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Â