Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bristol City

limpid

Match Polls  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manger's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/04/19 at 22:59

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Unreal run. hope we aren't peaking too soon though..

This is a true long-term Villa fan speaking. There's always something to fear ahead, even if today is pretty good.

• Sad 1

Just got back..what a day

Could have won by more but for their keeper  who puled of a few amazing stops. Was worried when Jack wasn't in the squad but we never seemed in danger of losing.

Thought Keinan played great when he came on, and El Gazhi caused them problems all afternoon. I still worry about Conor ..a bit lightweight for me and insisted on taking a free kick which was set up for a right footer when El Gazhi wanted it, which ballooned over the bar.

6 mins of injury time was a joke but we should have won by more in the end. 

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Bristol City really have a Small-time beef with our club for some reason. 

Their pocket sized manager really doesn’t like us. 

Jealousy.....Every manager was respectful towards their counterparts after their respective games today....Except him.....All bitter and twisted.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Just got back..what a day

Could have won by more but for their keeper  who puled of a few amazing stops. Was worried when Jack wasn't in the squad but we never seemed in danger of losing.

Thought Keinan played great when he came on, and El Gazhi caused them problems all afternoon. I still worry about Conor ..a bit lightweight for me and insisted on taking a free kick which was set up for a right footer when El Gazhi wanted it, which ballooned over the bar.

6 mins of injury time was a joke but we should have won by more in the end. 

Me Too.

But he does some how have a knack of having some kind of impact on a game.....He was taking up some dangerous positions in the second half.

He is like many players good at some things and not so good at others.....but I think we are playing like a team now, which tends to mask the weaknesses.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Bristol City really have a Small-time beef with our club for some reason. 

Their pocket sized manager really doesn’t like us. 

was the same last season  whinging and moaning------  the sublime """ Terry Terry knock him out" chant probably narked him too,

a couple of their players were niggly throughout too, the number 10 Taylor, tried to unsettle Tammy before he buried the penalty---i noted he was substututed probably before getting sent off.

great all round display could have had 6/7 if not for their keeper--nice gesture by J.T. to console the lad at the end--- thought Whelan Taylor SJM El Ghazi were immense --the rest brilliant special mention to Davis he chased hastled  held the ball up well---just a shame he didnt find the net,-

--well done everyone Deano and coaching staff too,am starting to enjoy Saturday nights once again,

• Like 1

What was all the very very OTT complaining from their players over the penalty? Such heartfelt complaints are usually seen when someone has taken a dodgy dive and conned the ref, but a more blatant push you will never see.  It was quite weird how angry they got at the ref for a 100% definite penalty. 

I think after that result, some of us as a fan base (myself included) forget that the players involved today and “filled in” have been part of the training regime Dean and his team have set out over the past 5 months or so. They know what to do and more importantly, what is expected of them.

We’ve also won three different ways this week. I’m so chuffed to be a villa fan at the moment . 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

What was all the very very OTT complaining from their players over the penalty? Such heartfelt complaints are usually seen when someone has taken a dodgy dive and conned the ref, but a more blatant push you will never see.  It was quite weird how angry they got at the ref for a 100% definite penalty. 

How does it look on TV ? I sat almost inline it honestly looked stonewalled penalty to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Jealousy.....Every manager was respectful towards their counterparts after their respective games today....Except him.....All bitter and twisted.

Actually, his BBC interview didnt sound that bad - obv mentioned the offside goal and the pen - but also complained about his team letting decisions get the best of them.

The City fans are a totally different kettle of fish - "We wouldn't have been given the penalty" "If Villa had scored the Weimann goal, you bet it would have stood" etc etc 

Real small time bunch of moaners with chips on their shoulders. Would have been nice to have sent them on their way with 5 or 6 goals stuffed between their butt cheeks 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

Actually, his BBC interview didnt sound that bad - obv mentioned the offside goal and the pen - but also complained about his team letting decisions get the best of them.

The City fans are a totally different kettle of fish - "We wouldn't have been given the penalty" "If Villa had scored the Weimann goal, you bet it would have stood" etc etc 

Real small time bunch of moaners with chips on their shoulders. Would have been nice to have sent them on their way with 5 or 6 goals stuffed between their butt cheeks 

Again!!!

4 hours ago, SuperTed said:

The indifference that so many Villa fans have felt these past ten years is actually disappearing in my opinion. 

Genuinely feel proud supporting this club again. 

My old man keeps saying he’d rather see us finish 7th than lose another play off final.

We won’t. We’re going up. 

Good post. Results aside I just love the way we play now. We are genuinely entertaining and tactically modern.

No idea if we are making the playoffs or going up, but I am sure enjoying this years ride. 

• Like 3

I could not give a rat's ar*e about Bristol City.  They can moan all they want, the better team one today.  If it was not for their excellent keeper they would have been absolutely battered today. Let them have their little meltdown and bomb out of the playoffs again.

How good are we at the moment? Even without Mings and Super Jack we still nailed it. Probably the best game I have seen El Ghazi play for us. There is a player there if you get the consistency he could be a prem league player. McGinn= Everywhere on the pitch at all the same time. Whelan the masterclass in reading and moving the ball around. Both full backs= excellent today. Even Jedinak looked comfortable at the back.

We have been asked questions in the last three games. And we have come back with the answers. Bring it on.

• Like 3

A great team performance.

We were missing some big players but still carried on winning.I think that is the greatest achievement from today.I can’t think of a single player who played badly.Yes chances were missed especially by Hurrihane but he was directly involved with our 2 gaols.

Elgazi had his best game in a Villa shirt and McGinn played like McGinn does ,magnificently.Taylor ,Jed,  Elmahad all good. Davis when he came on showed the potential that was evident last season.

Smith is creating a style that can replicated with different personal and that has got to be the most positive thing from today.

• Like 3

Â