Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bristol City

limpid

Match Polls  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manger's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/04/19 at 22:59

Nice to see El Ghazi stepping up. Looked the real deal today. 

The whole team stepped up today, despite the nail biter we should have won 5-1 (at least)

Special mention for Davis when he came on he was unplayable, an absolute monster

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

Just gets better and better. Glad that one or two players who have come in for very harsh criticism on these pages stepped up & did their bit. Bristol C are no slouches so this was a very good win in all the circumstances. Just wish we could convert a few more goals - my blood pressure would like that please.

• Like 1

Thats put to bed we cant create without Jack; we created more today than any of the previous 7 wins. Hourihane wasnt wasteful as such, think their keeper was just on acid today, unbelievable performance.

Big KD and SJM were brilliant seeing that game out again. AEG MOTM, he was superb all game going forward, tracking back, beating players, taking shots on, using Taylor when he overlapped. Jedi and Tuanzebe were good on the whole.

Such positive vibes about the club now, 8 on the spin when we needed it most. Dean Smith laughing the  MOTM curse in the face. Brilliant we now have a manager who galvanises and organises a side to come out on the front foot after a HT teamtalk.

We're all enjoying our weekends again UTV

• Like 1

Like a lot, pre game when Jack was confirmed as out, would have taken a point - so glad that’s not actually a thing!! 

I apologise to all the boys who played today - I should have had more faith!! 

Massive result, should have been more but we are sitting pretty tonight. 

UTV

• Like 2

First time ever.. voted Taylor motm 

He allowed el ghazi to be himself and we killed them down their right today.

For once it was more about total team work rather than true stand out performers.

Whelan, Elmo, jedi, connor, McGinn, el ghazi all played very well, tammy axel Jed played well, Albert was just above average today but wasn't bad.

Time for the players to all have a day off and relax then some physio sessions for the majority of the team to stretch and recover.

Now isnt the time for over doing it, keep the intensity for the games rather than getting knocks in training.

Proud of everyone at villa for turning the ship around when it was heading for the rocks. 

6 more wins is all we need 💪💪

Credit were credit is due. Second half showing was quite possibly our best performance of season. Seemed to create something everytime we went forward. If it was not for their goalkeeper it probably should have been 6/7.

We really needed that, that performance will give the rest of the team such belief that they are good players too. No matter what you say in the back of their minds a few of them probably believe that without Grealish they will struggle. That should put that well and truly to bed.

Taylor, jedinak, tuanzebe and Elmo were outstanding. Taylor and Elmo also great bombing on.

McGinn his usual brilliant self, but special mention to the often much maligned Glenn Whelan. Make no mistake he was outstanding today. Absolutely ran the midfield.

Hourihane SHOULD have had four goals, not great overall but credit him for keeping going and getting into good positions.

El Ghazi was a beast today, looked like a cross between Ashely young and Ronaldo. Unstoppable, his crossing deserved better finishes than hourihanes.

Abraham was **** woeful again. I'm not just having a go for a gos sake. He has been woeful in his hold up and link up play for months. Davis when he came on was an absolute monster. 

We saw last year when he was fit, defenders cannot handle him. With him up top holding the ball up with the midfield threat we have now (that we lacked last year) we will be great going forward. For me he really has to be knocking on the door. Really believe we have a potential gem on our hands. He may never be a prolific goalscorer. But he just physically dominates like few others has pace and skill to boot. And he is ours. Tammy will be off next year

Echo all the positive comments.

Gave MOTM to Taylor over El Ghazi as I thought Taylor was excellent first half when we were a bit rocky elsewhere, and decent second.

Also because I never thought I’d even have to consider him for MOTM.

Well Done Tayls.

• Like 1

Â