• El Ghazi
    • Abraham
    • Adomah (Green 64)
    • Kodjia (Abraham 71)
    • Davis (El Ghazi 74)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/03/19 at 23:59

This Villa team is the real deal.

In november when we destroyed boro and derby their fans were saying we just been whacked by the future champions.

injury to JAck blew the wind out of our sails. Now he's back he doesn't even have to do much to run the show. His presence alone has made players like Taylor and Whelan 8 out of 10 jobs.

We took pulis's team to the cleaners today. The amount of ball we nicked in the midfield  was immense.

El Gazi gave a performance of classic wing play today. He should of had a hatrick.

Green was disappointing but give him a break he was up against george friend who looks an old skool 80's style hard man. I bet he gave him the verbals.

Tammy was also poor he's turned into rufus smalls

We have avoided all the big guns in the Champions League draw so you'd have to fancy us in that too  based on current form. 

We are probably a good E/W shout for the Grand National right now as well.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

We're a funny old club.. why do we batter rivals - when we absolutely have to - but lose silly matches against really, genuinely poor teams, or win 5 on the bounce, and then draw against bottom of the table?

Why can we go through great purple patches, when it already looks like there is no hope, then when there finally is hope, we crumble back into annoying shitness again?

Why do we look formidable against great individual players, but play like turkeys against run of the mill, over the hill strikers and attackers?

How can we look so comfortable one week, with 3 games played, but look tired and lethargic after an international break?

Why do we always score so many goals against league best defences, but go on to score naff all against teams who ship at least 3 a game the rest of the season?

Why the **** **** have we drawn 16 times this season?!

Why why why why why why why why why why?!!!!???

Anyway that was nice wan'it? 😇

perhaps losing too many key players has a lot to do with it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

Fantastic performance.

Energy, passing, movement, hit it long, Play it short, overlapping fullbacks, interchanging midfield, and granite at the back.

As well as I’ve seen us play.

Last 5 games, including 4 Midlands derbies, 13 Points, Scored 12, conceeded 2.

The thing I liked best ? Watching Brentford the last couple of seasons what really stood out was how they could play the ball without looking, because they had been coached to expect players to be doing certain things. We had that in abundance today.

I didn't see the overflapping full backs.....i thought they played quite well.😀

• Haha 1

Did he really say that ? 😂😂😂😂

Im not sure when I last saw a team so comprehensively outplayed.

I suppose to be fair he does love clean sheets, and they did manage a nice big fat Zero, just like up at their place.

Never been a Whelan fan and used to sigh when I saw him on the team sheet, but today he was immense.

Nice to see a cameo from Davis. Would like to see him get the nod ahead of Kodjia.

Was pleased to see Uncle Albert get on the team sheet and showed class by not celebrating against his old club, despite him leaving 3 years ago.

So good to watch a match that was so comfortable - never worried at all. UTV!

• Like 1

Never in doubt. I will scrap my tip for Boro to win the playoffs- they offered nothing. Started playing for time after about 5 minutes and looked so ponderous. But enough about them, Villa were excellent.

In such a short time we seem to have  a balanced side. It probably helps we have two more natural left foot players in the team. Grealish back is a huge bonus and in the long run the suspension for McGinn has given him a good rest. It doesn't matter that Tammy is struggling a bit when we have a midfield that can't stop scoring. 

Whelan- a regal performance. An imperious display from Glen. He read everything and totally bossed it. Well done sir- I forgive you for the Preston penalty.

Its  a shame we have the international break, I  hope we can keep this performance level up for the rest of the season. If we do this then who knows where it will take us. But for now I am just pleased to see the improved performances compared the winter period and that Villa Park is buzzing after that.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I've just watched the sky sports match highlights. Middlesbrough fans might as well not watch it as their team have zero chances on the clip 😂😂

No surprise. They were utterly woeful.

Not to take anything away from us, as part of why they were woeful was because we were so good.

But they were very poor. Like I said in the match thread, they play football like people think Bruce plays football.

I was about to say to my son earlier that I felt a bit sorry for their fans having spent the money and come all that way to see such a dreadful display from their team, but then I remembered that I went to Wigan so thought "no, sod them" and kept my mouth shut. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

"I'm really disappointed. Villa have had five shots on goal and scored three goals."

Oh come on now Tony.

Delighted with today. Great job all round.  UTV!

Yeah, really odd how you lost Tony, you’d have never guessed the result from the stats.

Shots

18 - 5

On Target

5 - 1 (a nothing effort straight at Steer)

Possession

61% - 39%

Â