• El Ghazi
    • Abraham
    • Adomah (Green 64)
    • Kodjia (Abraham 71)
    • Davis (El Ghazi 74)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/03/19 at 23:59

Really good win and a great feeling going into the international break in the playoff positions. Thought Boro were woeful, predictably they turned up for a draw but their lack of ambition was shockingly bad their fans must be pulling their hair out with pulis! Nonetheless we dealt with the task at hand with professionalism and composure with really good performances throughout.

whelan MOTM, his professionalism and attitude can never be questioned but today he was better than a mere old pro he was everywhere, putting a foot in and then distributing well, totally bossed it and still going strong after 90 mins. Mcginn awesome again and took his goal very well with another laser like left foot strike. Defence looked solid again and another clean sheet will boost confidence even more. Jack well he’s just a wonderful footballer, even on a day where he goes about his business quietly like today he still oozes class on the ball, not sure there’s many better in world football at keeping the ball in tight spaces.

Constructive criticism: thought Tammy was quiet again and green didn’t do much, I really want to see him come through but wonder whether he’s good enough (I may be in the minority but I prefer Albert in that position).

roll on the next match, with players coming back from injury, this really is getting interesting now. Well done dean and the lads for turning this around when many of us me included thought this season had gone! UTV

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MikeAVFC said:

Absolutely dominated against a team who set out to park the bus. Hitting form at exactly the right time. Out of all those in the mix, only ourselves and Preston are in any sort of form. We're going to do this! Gutted we have an international break now, hopefully it doesn't halt our momentum.

It suits us when someone parks the bus, and we have Jack available. We're in trouble when they come at us. We have to keep playing on the front foot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robtaylor200 said:

It was a day to treasure 

Out at 10am Telford to Cannock, pop in to moms and dads in Hednesford for an hour, then to my daughters spent an hour with the grandkids, then to my sons in Heath Hayes for an hour with other grand kids. My turn to drive me and son to the match . Park in electric avenue, Bacon and cheese burger from outside the social club, pint of Guinness in the Holte . Brilliant brilliant display from all players  fantastic result. Soaked on way back to the car. Nearly an hour to get back to main road, dropped off son in Cannock, arrive back in Telford ten past seven. Mrs T had dinner ready. Fell asleep twice watching TV. Told to go to bed at 9:20. Dreamt of a return to Wembley beating Baggies in the final.

will actually have a smile at work tomorrow until I bump into the Wolves fans  

"A day in the life".....so easy being a Villa fan right now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

It suits us when someone parks the bus, and we have Jack available. We're in trouble when they come at us. We have to keep playing on the front foot.

This would have been correct with our original defence, not so sure now tbh.

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought we played very, very well. Dominated from start to finish. We've made several decent teams look very average over the last few weeks and I'm increasingly convinced they've not all just had bad days. 

What I like about us at the moment is how balanced we've been, yes, "Jack's back" and all that, but the whole team is contributing, the much maligned (by me) Elmohamady has been coolness personified at right back, Taylor has added a bit of drive to his game, we've got two big, strong physical centrebacks, at least one of whom is absolutely top quality, McGinn looks unstoppable after his little suspension break and El Ghazi is looking dangerous and confident.

I'd pick out a couple today - Whelan firstly, he was very good on the ball and in the tackle, but it's his defensive positioning that I can't help but notice. Every time a team breaks and we have a man missing - a full back up the field, a midfielder caught in the opposition box or a centre half gone for a wander, I worry, I look at runners from the opposition and then when I look back, Whelan is there, filling in. Not every now and then, not often, but each and every single time - he gives our back line the freedom to try things - it's a massive asset to us. He's in great form and loving his new cult status.

The other one is Andre Green - he's not quite quick enough and he doesn't have a trick as such, which means he can at times look a little disappointing - but what I've noticed about him is how smart he his - for a young footballer, he makes good decisions, he's where his team mates expect him to be, he makes the runs they want and he understands what's happening around him - it's not going to change the world, but it means we have a balance up the right hand side that works for the team.

Abraham looks a little tired and I hope his calf is okay, but he's not playing badly; he's working his socks off, leading the line and occupying defenders - creating space all over the place. Hopefully he'll get a little rest, we need him.

The manager got everything right, Terry gave us a wave, the players did the right things very well, the crowd was excellent and it's hard not to feel very positive about things - at the end when the players applauded the fans, you got a sense of togetherness and alignment - it feels good at the moment. Good things can happen.

Bring on Blackburn.

Fully agree real good summing up

--am well pleased for Taylor and Whelan  who both seem to have found their form when at former clubs for which they were rewarded with numerous caps for their respective countries---

and Mings is so calm and commanding in that back four---his ability to switch direction so quickly for a player his size is amazing.!

5 hours ago, Nigel said:

This would have been correct with our original defence, not so sure now tbh.

You're right, we're probably better now in this regard. But that's still the tactic I would use against us.

9 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

It was a day to treasure 

Out at 10am Telford to Cannock, pop in to moms and dads in Hednesford for an hour, then to my daughters spent an hour with the grandkids, then to my sons in Heath Hayes for an hour with other grand kids. My turn to drive me and son to the match . Park in electric avenue, Bacon and cheese burger from outside the social club, pint of Guinness in the Holte . Brilliant brilliant display from all players  fantastic result. Soaked on way back to the car. Nearly an hour to get back to main road, dropped off son in Cannock, arrive back in Telford ten past seven. Mrs T had dinner ready. Fell asleep twice watching TV. Told to go to bed at 9:20. Dreamt of a return to Wembley beating Baggies in the final.

I bet the best bit is when you were gridlocked getting out with steam coming off your damp clothes.  You can tolerate almost anything after a win.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

It was a day to treasure 

I had to use Google maps to see your route since I've never been to the UK. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I bet the best bit is when you were gridlocked getting out with steam coming off your damp clothes.  You can tolerate almost anything after a win.

Mrs T had put me some tracky bottoms in the car. in case I wanted to change . But I steamed instead happily 

• Haha 1

Another great win I couldn't watch. Smith OUT! Nice to see us in form. Have we caught the train just in time or were we a bit too late. Time will tell. Roll on blackburn. A win there, and then against wednesday it's looking nice for my trip to rotherham and then to Brum with the rest of Villa Sweden to watch the game against bristol. UTV!!

Â