Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You have to remember the Italians invented defending.  1-0 is considered exciting. 

Add to this Serie A has reestablished itself as the third best league worldwide, whereas the Super Lig is down at 9th.

Don't mind me.

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

Is Belotti's 15 goals and something like 2 assists in the Serie A for Torino really that greater an achievement than 30 goals in the Turkish league?

I know the Turkish league has Pape Cisse (who despite being good at Newcastle, his ambition far exceeded his talent) and Hugo Rodallega (forgot he existed) as top scorers.

Yes it really is a greater acheivement.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Hmmm. Without going back through all of his articles, from what I recall he has chucked out the odd classic Birmingham Mail clickbait article along the lines of "such and such have said", but when coming with facts he has nailed them. 

The only one that really sticks out is Heaton. He put it out there, 4 days later Dyche denied it, a couple of weeks later we sign him and everyone is giving Nixon the credit for it for some bizarre reason. 

I think Gregg Evans has, on the whole, been rubbish in his role as Aston Villa reporter for the Birmingham Mail. But the Birmingham Mail are trash. It's perfectly plausible that he was being dragged down by them. 

I think Nixon gets the credit for me, because he broke the new bid 12 hours before anyone else. The initial story might have been broken by Evans a while back, but then nothing happened to weeks so his knowledge seemed to just be of our interest. We might be interested in 30 players for all we know.

I can just vaguely recall Evans reporting something on his last day as being the Mail reporter, and people were calling it his ‘parting gift’. Then hours later it turned out to be total bollocks.

I haven’t seen anything different from him this window that I haven’t seen before from him. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Norwich have had a 12m euro bid accepted for Alex Claude-Maurice. We should be all over that if we hit any snags in the Benrahma deal. 

Incidentally, the home of Coleman's Mustard. It's a sign. 

Apparently tomorrow as well as being the last day that Championship clubs can buy players, it's also the last day that they bring in players on loan, so if Davis or any of our other players are going to get a championship loan move it's going to have to happen quick. League One and League Two clubs have until September 2nd.

41 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I think Nixon gets the credit for me, because he broke the new bid 12 hours before anyone else. The initial story might have been broken by Evans a while back, but then nothing happened to weeks so his knowledge seemed to just be of our interest. We might be interested in 30 players for all we know.

I can just vaguely recall Evans reporting something on his last day as being the Mail reporter, and people were calling it his ‘parting gift’. Then hours later it turned out to be total bollocks.

I haven’t seen anything different from him this window that I haven’t seen before from him. 

That was Heaton. So actually it turned out to be absolutely bang on. 

36 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That was Heaton. So actually it turned out to be absolutely bang on. 

9th July, Gregg Evans says we have serious interest in Heaton. A couple of days later Dyche says they’ve received no bids and that Heaton is training with them abroad. Almost a month later, boom, Heaton signs.

Even if I believe Dyche as much as I believe Evans, that’s hardly ‘bang on’ is it? That looks like the usual arse-covering that all journos do.

Stating we have ‘Serious interest’ was him breaking the signing that happened almost a month later. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

9th July, Gregg Evans says we have serious interest in Heaton. A couple of days later Dyche says they’ve received no bids and that Heaton is training with them abroad. Almost a month later, boom, Heaton signs.

Even if I believe Dyche as much as I believe Evans, that’s hardly ‘bang on’ is it? That looks like the usual arse-covering that all journos do.

Stating we have ‘Serious interest’ was him breaking the signing that happened almost a month later. :rolleyes:

Correct.

2 hours ago, Biskitt said:

Yeah but they are a much more established premier league club than we are (at the moment) and are also in London which is a selling point to players. Just can't see this happening at all

Cliches.

London being essential to a player is a myth.

Villa have been out of the top flight for 3 of the last million years.

If West Ham can sign a class of player, so can we.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Come on mate, you are forgetting the month worth of medicals all our new signings get.........

We probably only managed to wedge 30 medicals in.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Correct.

And a week earlier he posted a ‘Revealed: Villa starting eleven if they land all their top targets’ article with Butland as the keeper. Covering bases, like all journos do. Again, hardly spot-on.

Edit: This eleven also has Hause starting next to Mings at the back, which couldn’t seem further from the truth. I reckon Konsa and Engels are probably ahead of him for a starting place.

Edited by Rob182

Just now, Rob182 said:

And a week earlier he posted a ‘Revealed: Villa start eleven if they land all their top targets’ article with Butland as the keeper. Covering bases, like all journos do. Again, hardly spot-on.

If you go back to my original tweet I do say that he was a poor reporter on the whole and that he was also prone to standard Brummie Mail clickbait nonsense. 

Basically I'm willing to give the bloke a second chance out from under the Mirror Group umbrella.