Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

My guess would be that the French striker might be one of Mateta, Augustin, Bamba or Edouard. Someone who'd been involved with the France youth set up in recent times, our French scout said at the start of the summer then they have one or two players that might be of interest to us.

• Like 1

This is what I think we could see based on what read, own views etc. 

In:

Winger - already lined up and ready to go (Benrahma most likely)

Striker - only if deal is right. 

Out: 

Kalinic (permanent/loan to buy)

Thor (permenant)

Hogan (loan)

Davis (loan if we sign another striker)

Bree (loan/permanent)

O'Hare (loan)

Tishbola (loan/permanent)

Certainly don't think we are done, at the very least there will be a few outgoings. A lot of those are likely to be foreign leagues/League 1/2 where transfer deadline is end of August, so may not be done this week. 

I know we're not in the business of spending ridiculous money on individual players, however if Benrahma is going to cost £20 million I would say that was reasonable value. He's got the potential to be very good indeed. I just admit I'm taken by his flair, we have had functional players for a few years now so someone with a bit of skill is exciting. He has end product though and that is the most important factor for me, he gets goals and creates goals. If the money is there, I would say get him. 

Unless of course, we think we can get someone else of a similar quality for less and we are negotiating on several front and Benrahma is just one option. 

Loads of talk on social media that it’s Ben Yedder... I gather that would be a quite a coup but I can’t confess to ever having seen him play. I know he did ok for Sevilla... looked at the stats and they aren’t bad in La Liga.

9 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Talk on the twittershpere is that the French striker is Wissam Ben Yedder. He was linked with ManUre a few years back.

Going by this picture it was when Ferguson was manager. He looks like a guy playing for an All Star team of retired footballers in a charity match. :lol:

200px-Sevilla-SM_(2)_(cropped).jpg

• Like 1