Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

25 minutes ago, John said:

Agreed, I can't see him getting much game time with us, other than for cup games and the odd few minutes coming off the bench.

Could it be that Dean wants him to train with the first team, in the same way and for the same reasons that Pep did with Foden, rather than send him away on loan? 

It could be that the Championship clubs, who are interested in taking Davis on loan, aren’t deemed suitable for his development. Perhaps they don’t play a similar style to us or whatever, so the coaches think that on balance he’d be better off staying here. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

So we may or may not see some news in regards to Benrahma and we are after an unknown French striker. Yeah, not much has changed in terms of journalists have they. 

Apparantly the weather forecast is partly cloudy with good chances of rain or sunshine. 

It defiantly won’t snow in Aston today. #itk

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It could be that the Championship clubs, who are interested in taking Davis on loan, aren’t deemed suitable for his development. Perhaps they don’t play a similar style to us or whatever, so the coaches think that on balance he’d be better off staying here. 

Could also be they aren't guaranteeing him a first team spot or enough first team action, there's no point him sitting on a bench and getting coached somewhere else when we could sit him on our bench and coach him ourselves.

I would think this more just holding back until we have another striker confirmed coming in. Hogan going to Stoke sounds like it might be close, so if we let Davis go as well and failed to get another striker in we'd be looking very foolish.

Our current set up don't seem to do foolish :) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It defiantly won’t snow in Aston today. #itk

It might...

Aston Bay is an Arctic waterway in the Qikiqtaaluk Region of Nunavut, Canada. It is an arm of Peel Sound and is located on the western side of Somerset Island. It is located north of M'Clure Bay.

3 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Could also be they aren't guaranteeing him a first team spot or enough first team action, there's no point him sitting on a bench and getting coached somewhere else when we could sit him on our bench and coach him ourselves.

I would think this more just holding back until we have another striker confirmed coming in. Hogan going to Stoke sounds like it might be close, so if we let Davis go as well and failed to get another striker in we'd be looking very foolish.

Our current set up don't seem to do foolish :) 

Exactly, what kind of lunatic would let players go out on loan in positions that he knows we are really light? Answers on a postcard to NUFC. 

• Haha 1

Thought they’d be more twitter talk on here today for sure with some wannabe’s claiming to be ITK saying belotti has flown in or that Benzema fancies a new challenge and a mates mate has heard its him.... come on peeps where’s my gossip at .... don’t make me work ....

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

He was awful at Bolton on loan in 2010/2011.

He's improved a lot since then but there is much better out there than him we could go for.

I'll take your word for it as you're the scout, but you're right on one thing for certain, he's come a long way since Bolton.

Europa League team of the season, La Liga player of the month, back-to-back Europa league runner-up, Copa Del Rey winner, throw in a few goals for Spain..

Well, that's the big signing gone then:

'Former Aston Villa striker Julian Joachim has come out of retirement to make a sensational move to Europa Point F.C in Gibraltar.'

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sports/football/former-aston-villa-striker-makes-shock-return-aged-44/ar-AAFtkTp

Goddammit: Can't believe we weren't in for him. Have you seen his Youtube video? Where's the trance music?