Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 hours ago, terrytini said:

I’ve only read last two pages but I take it we are looking to buy Gregg Evans ?

Would be more useful to buy a couple of pasties from Greggs

Edited by TheStagMan

Gregg Evans in The Athletic transfer deadline Live Q&A

Good morning. Here's a brief outline of Aston Villa's transfer plans in the remaining hours of window.

So, as many of you who follow me on Twitter would have seen late last night - Douglas Luiz, the Brazilian midfielder is close to completing his £15m move from Manchester City. He's been in his homeland for the past week but is now on the way to the UK and will link up with his team-mates either later today or tomorrow.

The striker search is also picking up pace. Villa had been checking out a French forward but I'll provide some more details on that later if there's any progression.

One player who will not be moving to the Midlands, though, is Galatasaray goal-getter Mbaye Diagne. Ignore the links. They're not true.

As for Saïd Benrahma, the Brentford attacker, there could be some movement later in the day. If Villa get a breakthrough, I'll let you know.

Elsewhere, Scott Hogan is closing in on a loan move to Stoke City as I reported yesterday.

Villa will listen to offers for Birkir Bjarnason, the Icelandic midfielder, too.

And I'd expect goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic to secure a move away before close of play tomorrow. Villa can't keep four goalkeepers happy until January, that's for sure!

https://theathletic.com/1121497/?redirected=1&redirected=1

What happened to sports journalism, just nothing there really that any of us couldn’t have written.  I know it’s hard in the modern age with information available everywhere but reading his work I sometimes feel I know this information before he does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Is Belotti's 15 goals and something like 2 assists in the Serie A for Torino really that greater an achievement than 30 goals in the Turkish league?

I know the Turkish league has Pape Cisse (who despite being good at Newcastle, his ambition far exceeded his talent) and Hugo Rodallega (forgot he existed) as top scorers.

He had a dip last year (bit of injury and teams tightly marking him). In 16/17 just the 26 Serie A goals, 11 the next year so actually worse than last season. He's a fox in the box type striker, think Hernandez when he was in good form at Man. United about five years ago.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Not sure what to think of that. I’m not sure Keinan will get many minutes in the PL, and I think he could benefit from a loan. In Dean we trust though!

Possibly means we are not able to bring in the striker we want? Just a guess.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

I think it's more likely he sees Keinan as a useful squad player who can score and provides something a bit different up front.  Given Dean Smith has said he wants to have two players for each position, and we may well use two upfront in some games, I am assuming he'll want 4 strikers - to that's Wesley, JK, Keinan plus the new signing assuming Hogan goes on loan.

4 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Deano and co. must rate him if they want him to stay here. We only really saw Davis under our previous “coaches”, he could have come on leaps and bounds since then. That doesn’t mean he’s going to be a starter and I don’t think him staying has any bearing on another striker coming in or not. If it’s true, it will be a decision made over the preseason period based on Davis’ progress and how they see his development over the next few months.