Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

33 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I think anyone expecting Benrahma to come in is going to be disappointed. I'd be much less surprised if we got Maupay to cover up top and out wide.

I still see us getting Benrahma. Actually I doubt we’ll get another winger if it wasn’t him or someone in his caliber. This could go to the deadline day.

I don’t see us getting Maupay though.

• Like 2

I just think Brentford are a bit more ambitious than a lot of you give them credit for.

Sure, they have been selling huge amounts of players every year, but they are now at a place they have easily the most talented, competitive team in their history.

With 3 years left on his contract and with far fewer key players leaving this summer (as well as completely breaking their transfer policy by getting Jansson) I think they'll be gambling that they can get up this year and if not they can sell him next summer. They have good cash reserves and a pretty much paid for stadium on the way.

If we offer stupid money no doubt they would accept, but I can't see us doing it. I'm sure we're interested, but think we'll be happy to keep an eye on him then revisit in January or next summer if the deal looks more doable then.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I still see us getting Benrahma. Actually I doubt we’ll get another winger if it wasn’t him or someone in his caliber. This could go to the deadline day.

I do agree with this. It's because of Brentford I don't think it will get done, not us.

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Sure, they have been selling huge amounts of players every year, but they are now at a place they have easily the most talented, competitive team in their history.

Is probably what is said every year before selling their best players.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I do agree with this. It's because of Brentford I don't think it will get done, not us.

They’re putting a price for him. I think we will pay it. I don’t think they’ll negotiate more.

Don’t know how much would be the stupid money you’ve mentioned though.

17 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Is probably what is said every year before selling their best players.

And if they sell them all again this summer I’ll be proved wrong!

16 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Don’t know how much would be the stupid money you’ve mentioned though.

Neither do I really - I guess the £30m that’s been quoted although no reason to believe this is actually what they want.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Thing is no one truly knows apart from him, the people around him, the EFL who must of been happy at the time with him being owner as certain things would of had to of been disclosed.

I guess it's easier for people to call him a fraud because we were in trouble at the time, I still believe he had good intentions, poor choices yes, but had good intentions for Villa. 

Have you seen Bolton, Bury, Charlton, Blackpool etc.. the EFL being happy proves nothing. 

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Im sold on Maupay, have been for a long time now, he gets in those nooks and crannys of defences. Are you one of those who likes his big heavy strikers?? well we have that in wesley, now we need someone who can play entirely different and has a different physique, Maupay would be that guy.

I agree.

However, I like both, I think both styles have there place. I would like Maupay too, for the same reason as you.....most Centre backs in the prem are quality and are adept at dealing with high balls, but can get tangled with quick will-o-wisp strikers like Aguero and Salah.

I am not saying Maupay is that good obviously, but he has their traits.....aggressive and an ability to move in and out of the lines, in short he is elusive.

This gives Dean smith the opportunity to change a game......sometimes we change a player, but not the game.....because we didn't have the diversity of player.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Hazard guess, but it means he doesn't think we're signing Benrahma

I think it's unlikely Hazard will sign for us after already signing for Real Madrid.

However money talks and we have more of it than most clubs now... Oh wait...

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I think it's unlikely Hazard will sign for us after already signing for Real Madrid.

However money talks and we have more of it than most clubs now... Oh wait...

Wouldn't pass the medical anyways 

4 hours ago, NIVillan said:

We need to stop bitching about Xia selling any sell on clauses.  Xia kept us out of bankruptcy long enough for us to get our current owners in.

Wyness wanted us to go into admin so he could get his mates to buy us on the cheap.

Xia has many faults but he was a breath of fresh air at the time, allowing Villa Fans to believe again.  The first year bills were paid and he was pumping money in and we did a lot of Spending that first Summer and then Bruce in that first Winter transfer time.

Something happened where he was no longer able to pump money in etc but he allowed Bruce to bring in loans such as Snodgrass and sign Terry.  He gambled and lost.

Xia respected Villa and wanted the best for his dream of taking the club back.

As said he has many faults, trusting pieces of poop like Wyness is one of them but Xia's time and the explosion of interest again when we just missed promotion attracted our new overlords and for that we should be thankful even if we miss a few million on sell on clauses.

Welcome back Deisler :thumb: ;)

• Haha 3

Just now, Villarocker said:

When is Nakamba being announced? How many more new signings left now? I reckon Nakamba, a keeper and that will be it.

Yep.

And a striker, winger, some kids...

16 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Didn't even know we had him on our radar:

Aston Villa’s offer for Baptiste Santamaria rejected

We'd have Nakamba, and jota and Santa Maria

And Hause and El Ghazi, and Tyrone Mings and Wesley

We are Aston villa. The pride of the west Midlands

Dean Smith's claret and blue army, let's all go bloody barmy

Etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

If they have a valuation of him it’s up to us to meet that. It’s a two way thing.

Personally it was mentioned that their asking price was 20 million. I’m terms of the market then I think it could work out a very decent price and I’d hope we go get him. A very good player currently already with great potential.

4 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Good ol marvelous must be very tired at this stage...according to most he has had a medical at villa every day for the last 8 days..isnt it marvelous!

I think they are using him as a lab rat.