Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Must admit that whilst I get that people are worried about getting value for money, i’m starting to get a little concerned about whether we’re actually gonna be able to field a defence next year.

I know there is still plenty of time left, but our squad still needs a hell of a lot of work, and I did think we would have seen a couple more bodies in. We’re still nowhere near where we were last year.

Season starts August 10th. Our pre-season friendlies start July 18th. We have a month to get our business done before our first friendly, which happens 2 and a bit weeks before the window shuts. We have plenty of time, I wouldn't worry too much. Now if we're still in this position 4 weeks from now, I'll join you in sharing that concern. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Butland is noticeably better than Pope or Heaton for me. Pope or Heaton would be good signings, but if signing Butland has no affect on our spending and strengthening in other areas, it would ve nice to do it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

As with every club we'll still be working on deals right up until the window closes. Buying players is never easy. 

I know, and i’m certainly not panicking yet, but...well let’s call it a slight concern. My bum is not yet squeaky, but it’s developing a slight hum.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Heaton got no reason to leave Burnley to play for a newly promoted side, Burnley is a well established Prem side at this point.

We can rule that one out.

But if you see the rest of the post we could alsp go after Pope.

Just now, sne said:

Would feel a bit Shay Given.

No thanks.

He's alright. His main strong trait is organising a Burnley defence of lumps who have a very deep midfield sat in front of them. We'll be much more open.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Right now I’m worried about our squad. Excited but worried. So many players needed.

Yep. We still need 5 absolutely minimum. That's probably 5 players to start as well...

CB

CB

LB

DM

RW

Edited by Tomaszk

2 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

I'm sorry Kenji, but what a load of tripe you have just written. First of all our loans were so successful we want to sign all of them. We will probably be successful in all but one of them. From EVERY point of view our loan strategy was spot on. There is no chance we will be anywhere near relegated next season. If you think next year will be "embarrassing" then there's no place for you a Villa Park! If you hadn't noticed this is a vibrant glass is half full club now which is going places. how about joining the ride and stop all this negative rubbish. You know it makes sense!!!

1. Abraham

2. Tuanzebe

3. Mings 70/30?

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yep. We still need 5 absolutely minimum. That's probably 5 players to start as well...

CB

CB

LB

DM

RW

I think we also need another striker, RB and CM possibly considering Lansbury, Bjarnason e.t.c are not fit for purpose that leaves us with Hourihane if McGinn/Grealish get injured or the unproven Jota who is more of a winger.

Edited by AshVilla

I think we need at least another ten signings, and most of those for the first team. In an ideal world we could probably do with getting more, but that's probably not practical. It's quiet now, almost as if we're under a transfer embargo or something, but I'm sure we'll see a flurry of activity soon enough.

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

I think we need at least another ten signings, and most of those for the first team. In an ideal world we could probably do with getting more, but that's probably not practical. It's quiet now, almost as if we're under a transfer embargo or something, but I'm sure we'll see a flurry of activity soon enough.

I think you’re right, we’ll see quite a few happen in one go I’d imagine. We saw Hause this week, could do with another two next week if possible. 

Do you think we really need 10 first team players? I would say only need another 6?

GK, CB, CB, DM, RM, ST

And then if we can a LB too? 

No only about six for the first team, a goalkeeper, a left-back, two central defenders, a winger, a holding midfielder, and a striker if we're not counting Moraes yet.

Edited by useless

4 hours ago, Flynnchin84 said:

then Tom Carroll signed 

I’d totally forgot about this signing. I wonder if he had stayed fit whether he was one when we were expecting another year in the championship, or whether still thinks he could do a job in the prem

41 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's alright. His main strong trait is organising a Burnley defence of lumps who have a very deep midfield sat in front of them. We'll be much more open.

Defence of lumps? Why do you think this? I think they have a great defence, Tarkowski is an excellent defender as is Mee, they have a great partnership in the middle. Bardsley is a solid right back, no frills and ex Villa and Taylor is a marauding left back for me, why do you think they’re lumps?