Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I have no idea what point you're trying to make here - sorry!

Would you care about surviving then if it meant we were going to take a city player in on loan, think many would choose to drop wouldn't they instead of developing a player for city??

All in all we would care then as not wanting to do it because we are developing a player for a rival, one we don't like yes, but one which is no different to what this Loan business is without option to buy. We are in the same league now as the clubs we would be developing these players for and on that note it's simply a no for me unless they paid us to develop them for them (and that's not going to happen).

We have to start seeing each and every one of these clubs in the premier as the enemy now, why on earth would we want to develop a player for them, you bet your ass off they won't do that to us. I think it also show how weak a club is having to go the Loan route in the premier.

There are alot of reasons I do not like the Loan business being a premier club and I can only think of one reason as to why I would  say yes as a premier league club to bringing loans in, which is because we have the option to make that player permanently sign for us.

Edited by Dave-R

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Would you care about surviving then if it meant we were going to take a city player in on loan, think many would choose to drop wouldn't they instead of developing a player for city??

Yes of course - survival would be amazing, relegation - not. Kind of an easy choice tbh.

I think people have taken Purslow’s comments too literally. Besides it’s not like you’re only developing another club’s player - you’re also getting value from said player’s good performances for the club.

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

14 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Yes of course - survival would be amazing, relegation - not. Kind of an easy choice tbh.

I think people have taken Purslow’s comments too literally. Besides it’s not like you’re only developing another club’s player - you’re also getting value from said player’s good performances for the club.

I would be shocked, utterly shocked, to find out someone running a club said something that wasn’t true.

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Dave Jenkins has tweeted that there is a medical booked doesn't say who for or when though!!

So you're telling me a team with about a dozen senior pros is in advanced stages of signing a player?

That Dave Jenkins. PROPER ITK!!!!

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

So you're telling me a team with about a dozen senior pros is in advanced stages of signing a player?

That Dave Jenkins. PROPER ITK!!!!

Now now I'm only saying what I read. In fairness to him he's usually pretty good!

Leroy Fer failed a medical didn't he and Carroll was a very last minute replacement so probably nothing to

have a go at him for those. i wouldn't want these "ITK" guys to stop tweeting their info, it's too much fun!!

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Even if borrowing a midfielder this season will keep us up or playing Doyle Hayes getting us relegated.  Thats basically what it boils down to.  We have no squad, need to build it up somehow and that wont be fully done this summer

No it's not. That's just something you just made up. What usually happens is young players without much experience go out on loan from the likes of Chelsea to less fortunate clubs. The argument is always that these players might be less experienced, but be more talented.  Very often they struggle to make an impact to the degree that's expected and just block the development of talent from the less fortunate club. Then next summer comes along and it's the same loan argument that's pitches and since they didn't develop their own players they are now forced back into developing other club's talents. The circle continues rinse and repeat. In all honesty the loan bollox remind me how much I hated renting an apartment. You basically do everything to make the lender richer,  more developed and in a better position. Hate everything about it. 

Secondly there's no excuse for us to keep doing this. We're not poor atm. 

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

At absolutely no point last season did I think "**** me, look at us doing Bournemouth and Chelsea a favour with Abraham and Mings. I wish we hadn't loaned them" because they did well for us, and that's good for Aston Villa.

Except that they did well cause they were senior PL quality players in the championship. What's been rumoured so far is a teenager from Chelsea from what I can see. 

Secondly it's pretty clear what a bad club development strategy loans are when you are looking at us now. We are hardly a team atm. loans went back to their club and we can hardly field a first eleven. We're in a bad spot and everyone knows it. 

Lovely we got promoted and fixed out financial worries, but from a sport club point of view the loans didn't actually do us a great deal. We are likely to get relegated straight away through most likely an embarrassing season where we look disjointed with no relations until late spring (when it's too late) cause we had to buy a brand new team. Cause of loans. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Except that they did well cause they were senior PL quality players in the championship. What's been rumoured so far is a teenager from Chelsea from what I can see. 

Secondly it's pretty clear what a bad club development strategy loans are when you are looking at us now. We are hardly a team atm. loans went back to their club and we can hardly field a first eleven. We're in a bad spot and everyone knows it. 

Lovely we got promoted and fixed out financial worries, but from a sport club point of view the loans didn't actually do is a great deal. We are likely to get relegated straight away through most likely an embarrassing season where we look disjointed with no relations until late spring (when it's too late) cause we had to buy a brand new team. Cause of loans. 

I'm sorry Kenji, but what a load of tripe you have just written. First of all our loans were so successful we want to sign all of them. We will probably be successful in all but one of them. From EVERY point of view our loan strategy was spot on. There is no chance we will be anywhere near relegated next season. If you think next year will be "embarrassing" then there's no place for you a Villa Park! If you hadn't noticed this is a vibrant glass is half full club now which is going places. how about joining the ride and stop all this negative rubbish. You know it makes sense!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Don't really get the sudden aversion to loans.

If it plugs a hole in the squad and there are no better, available options elsewhere then why would we not do it?

Just because Purslow said it in an interview? People say shit all the time, doesn't mean anything.

For the most part I agree but he did also say you can put it on record we won’t loan players.(without an option to buy).

If we do now go and loan another youngster with no option to buy it does make you wonder how sincere the guy really is. 

Edit:for the record I haven’t got a problem with loans.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa