Player Departures - 2019

AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, trom_borg said:

Id keep Taylor and Lansbury around for another season, we need a squad.

Taylor is not good enough for Premier League level sadly.

Lansbury has played about 5 games in 2 seasons off the top of my head, Premier League is far more demanding.

I am confident we will have a squad, just a better one than we currently have come August 31st. 

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Lansbury has played about 5 games in 2 seasons off the top of my head, Premier League is far more demanding.

I am confident we will have a squad, just a better one than we currently have come August 31st. 

Taylor will be our backup left back, we have enough to do in the transfer market this Summer without having to go out and find two left backs.

Lansbury can go for all I care, couldn't get himself fit last season. I'd rather give Tshibola a chance as a backup centre midfielder, at least he would be available when required even if he isn't any good.

4 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Taylor will be our backup left back, we have enough to do in the transfer market this Summer without having to go out and find two left backs.

Lansbury can go for all I care, couldn't get himself fit last season. I'd rather give Tshibola a chance as a backup centre midfielder, at least he would be available when required even if he isn't any good.

I agree I think Taylor will remain as back up but I just don't think he is good enough.

Tshibola has barely been able to cut it up in the SPL with Kilmarnock so there is no way he will here. I have never rated him or Lansbury and I'd rather bring in someone young, fresh and hungry who we will get more game time and effort out of.

Another season of an injured Lansbury and Tshibola out on loan is just a waste of 2 squad spaces that could be filled with important players.

We need to build a 25 man squad to stay up and sadly we no longer can have the mentality of.. let's hang on incase he does come good for x player.

Neither have barely featured for us in the last 3 seasons and I don't see why they deserve a chance now over a nunber of players that have since been released by the club.

This duo also need shown the exit door imo.

31 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree, but as a newly promoted club we cant expect to have "premier league" quality throughout the squad. The squad will undergo a transition, with big changes obviously coming already this summer, but we cant do it all at once. Also, there is no guarantee that the replacements will be top quality either, Lansburys potential replacement f.ex cant be promised more than a back up role due to the competition and only a certain caliber of player would accept that. 

Your last sentence is obvious, but we need half a new team just to fill the squad at this point so I'd focus on filling all the gaping holes before we start thinking of replacing our back up players. Unless someone throws silly money at them ofc....  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I still.expect a few more permanent outgoings, particularly Bjarnesson and Lansbury. 

and Kalinic & Nyland

7 hours ago, macandally said:

Wow you dug that out!

However, still a project as Smith took us up with largely Steve Bruce players of which 10 have now departed.  What excites me know Is what a Dean Smith team will look like, as I believe that he will keep us up.

stumbled across it.😀.....but you was right at the time....miracle.

I agree....I don't think we have seen anything yet in true fashion from Dean.....It was still SB's team in the main, which makes it even more remarkable.

The speed of the departures also tells a tale IMO....as much as he was grateful to them ( he is that kind of guy) he knew the score.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Lansbury won't be going anywhere on his salary. Is it worth loaning him out to save £10k-£20k a week? I am not sure it is.

I'm sure it is.

And I don't mean that to sound glib and facetious.  I wouldn't have him on my Championship bench.  I certainly wouldn't have him on a Premier League one.

6 hours ago, Mister_a said:

"hello yes, we'd like a table for 26 please?"

"But there's only 13 of you"

"yeah, we like to all sit on the same side".

Do you reckon their were 25 disciples? But Bob (who was sat next to Fred and Bert, alongside another load of names which are Anglicised) took the photo, and subsequently got forgotten?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think up to 13 arrivals (8/9 1st team and 3/4 backup).

Can't wait to see what Purslow and friends have planned in this window.

I wonder if there will be a 'statement of intent' signing in amongst those?  🤔

Sounds about right. 

But for those that say that's too many (not you @AvfcRigo82) I would expect Mings, Hause and El Ghazi to be 3 of the 13, so it doesn't feel quite so crazy!

• Like 1

That does read a bit like "...and thanks for all the fish".

Tammy offering a third party "Welcome" is certainly very suggestive of someone who won't be returning.

Of the two, Axel is the one I'd have most liked us to sign but I would imagine that both of them are carrying big price tags, if they are even on the market at all.

• Like 1

I don't think you can read much into it, probably posted by a 3rd party agency who manage their media accounts for them.

Probably the same agency given the proximity of the posts.

Also telling that today is the day last season ended and next season begins and all that......the agency probably tee'd those posts up over a week ago to go out today.

Such is modern life.

So who is left now that we need to ship out or loan?

Ship Out:

Bjarnason?

Tshibola

RHM?

Nyland?

Hogan?

Loan:

Green?

O'Hare?

Ramsey?

Davis?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

For @KenjiOgiwara

I understand each 'in' will have it's own dedicated thread to each arrival.

Ones who have left us: Bunn, Elphick, McCormack, Richards, Whelan, Hutton, Jedinak, DeLaet, Adomah - all released.

Gardner was sold to Birmingham in a swap deal involving Jota.

Loans returned: Tuanzebe, El Ghazi, Abraham, Mings, Hause.

I think that's everyone to date?...

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

Â