Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Technically used it wrong though.

Plethora is 'too much' not 'lots of'.

i.e. you can have a plethora of dog shit but you cannot have a plethora of naked 20 year old swimsuit models.

Noooooooo! Not having that! 😉

From the Cambridge 'on line' Dictionary...

plethora

noun [ S ]
uk /ˈpleθ.ər.ə/ us /ˈpleθ.ɚ.ə/ formal

C2 a very large amount of something, especially a larger amount than you need, want, or can deal with:

There's a plethora of books about the royal family.
The plethora of regulations is both contradictory and confusing.

Does not have to be in the 'negative' sense of being too much. I did GCSE Geography and one of the tasks we were set one day was to create a 'choropleth' map to show GDP variances of nations... A choropleth map (from Greek χῶρος "area/region" and πλῆθος "multitude") is a thematic map in which areas are shaded or patterned in proportion to the measurement of the statistical variable being displayed on the map.

In other news... any further developments with signings? With Manchester United reported on BBC as having bid for Leicester's Maguire, could Leicester turn to Webster or Mings and scupper us? At least with Mings, we seem to have a 'matching' clause, though surely that will have expired now, no? Not sure how crap like that  works to be honest...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Raver50032 said:

Noooooooo! Not having that! 😉

From the Cambridge 'on line' Dictionary...

plethora

noun [ S ]
uk /ˈpleθ.ər.ə/ us /ˈpleθ.ɚ.ə/ formal

C2 a very large amount of something, especially a larger amount than you need, want, or can deal with:

There's a plethora of books about the royal family.
The plethora of regulations is both contradictory and confusing.

Does not have to be in the 'negative' sense of being too much. I did GCSE Geography and one of the tasks we were set one day was to create a 'choropleth' map to show GDP variances of nations... A choropleth map (from Greek χῶρος "area/region" and πλῆθος "multitude") is a thematic map in which areas are shaded or patterned in proportion to the measurement of the statistical variable being displayed on the map.

In other news... any further developments with signings? With Manchester United reported on BBC as having bid for Leicester's Maguire, could Leicester turn to Webster or Mings and scupper us? At least with Mings, we seem to have a 'matching' clause, though surely that will have expired now, no? Not sure how crap like that  works to be honest...

So as I said - too much :)

• Like 1

we really need to sign 2 x DC and 1 x DM this week, then at least we have a core of a team to develop cohesion etc.

then its just a matter of getting the final pieces before the season starts, ie: 1 x winger, maybe 1 x MC/DMC, a GK if required, anything else.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

we really need to sign 2 x DC and 1 x DM this week, then at least we have a core of a team to develop cohesion etc.

then its just a matter of getting the final pieces before the season starts, ie: 1 x winger, maybe 1 x MC/DMC, a GK if required, anything else.

I hope we are trying to sign another striker...

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I hope we are trying to sign another striker...

agreed, but im just saying that to get a working team by the time the USA tour comes, we just need 2 x DC, 1 x DM, as that would give us a full first 11, then any new players can fit in as required without the panic of "we cant field a proper full 11".

For example if we bought Mings, Webster, Phillips this week, the first 11 for the USA tour could be as per the pic, thats at least a "reasonable" first 11, then we can add new GK, winger, striker etc etc, but at least its some sort of first 11 that isnt a million miles from the season start first 11, and cohesion/playing together etc can be worked on.

av3.png

Edited by MaVilla

Stephens is OK! if going raid Southampton again rather we took Yann Valery the 20 year old Right Back over Stephens. Valery has big potential

Valery impressed  me a lot last season.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Stephens is OK! if going raid Southampton again rather we took Yann Valery the 20 year old Right Back over Stephens. Valery has big potential

Excellent centre back I think, thanks for posting, would be a great signing

14 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

"The Mirror".

forget about it.

sleepy johnny bench GIF

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Southampton fans are laughing at that link. They say he's their 4/5th best centre back.

He may not be their first choice but he did make 29 appearances for them in total last season, 19 starts in the Premier League, most of them the second half of the season under their new manager. If he's the 4th/5th best they've got you'd have to question their management for playing him so much!

FWIW I have no idea if he's any good, never seen him play.

54 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

They're probably more likely to try and get Axel? If they get Maguire, United will have Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, Rojo, Smalling, Jones - all of whom will likely start the season ahead of Axel.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I would be happy with Webster and Tomori pairing

I wouldn't be happy with any central defending pairing that didn't include Mings. I'm still rather hoping that Axel joins us as well. 🤞

The Villa twitter feed has gone into full troll mode - just retweeted the Hause signing with a little video compilation. Took a few seconds to realise they were taking the piss.