Racism Part two

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Don't burn the flag of the country that allows people to burn flags because it allows you to burn the flag (and also other countries far away from here don't allow this, this is relevant somehow). I'm struggling to make sense of that to be honest.

Just don’t f**king burn flags. Do you get that??

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

41 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So, who said allegedly to you?

I have read what you said. Did you add the ‘whites’ or did someone else add it and you repeated it?

Really simple question.

Oh you mean where did i hear it. Saw it posted on social media. But as i said allegedly so i didnt directly say he definitely said it 😁

37 minutes ago, choffer said:

But Dem, why do you need the word "allegedly"? He either said it or he didn't? There's plenty of evidence that he didn't say what you've "alleged"  at all but you still seem cross about it. 

That was before i saw the full video choffer. The first time i saw it was when someone posted it a few pages back 

I only saw a short 1 minute video which didnt even say anything tahts why i stated allegedly as i dont like accusing someone unless i see or hear it myself.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just don’t f**king flags. Do you get that??

I'm not into that to be fair ;)

Seriously though, do you just like the aesthetic of the "freedom" to burn flags? Because you don't seem to like it when people take the government up on this freedom.

16 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

We're at this pesky burden of proof lark again. Saying 'allegedly' doesn't remove the burden of proof. Otherwise we could all say anything we wanted about anyone and hide behind it with allegedly. 

Thats utter horse manure

Edited by Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That was before i saw the full video choffer. The first time i saw it was when someone posted it a few pages back 

I only saw a short 1 minute video which didnt even say anything tahts why i stated allegedly as i dont like accusing someone unless i see or hear it myself.

But Dem, having seen the video (where he clearly didn’t do what you had initially alleged) you still said.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Regardless really silly of him tk do and very risky

This suggests that you still think what he said was out of order. 

And you have to realise the damage that can be done by using the word “allegedly”. With that word, anyone can spread false rumours without impunity. Mud sticks. Regardless of our political affiliation, our beliefs, the colour of our skin, we should hold each other to a higher standard than that. To make a claim and then suggest it was only “allegedly” when proved false is no way to try and make a point. 

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'm not into that to be fair ;)

Seriously though, do you just like the aesthetic of the "freedom" to burn flags? Because you don't seem to like it when people take the government up on this freedom.

I don’t like people attacking things that could mean a lot to somebody else to provoke a reaction. Whether that be flags, picture of religious prophets or insults about someones  mother. 

I find it all disrespectful.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Menace II Society is on Netflix, hasn’t seen it for a long time but rewatched it last night.

Crazy to think that 30 years on the themes presented in that film are still rampant. 

Quality film though. I remember as a kid dressing the same way and listening to the tunes. It’s crazy to think the films shows oppression yet it seemed a ‘cool’ lifestyle back then. 

Thankfully we didn’t have access to guns. 

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was being facetious mate. Point was discussing flag burning and anti social behaviour during the protests doesn’t undermine what the protest is about. 

I’m sorry but that does you no credit. You appear to be making some points that people disagree with on here but if you’re not going to discuss them in good faith, you’ll persuade people of nothing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t like people attacking things that could mean a lot to somebody else to provoke a reaction. Whether that be flags, picture of religious prophets or insults about someones  mother. 

I find it all disrespectful.

Maybe that's the point? Burning something is not exactly supposed to be politically correct.

11 minutes ago, choffer said:

I’m sorry but that does you no credit. You appear to be making some points that people disagree with on here but if you’re not going to discuss them in good faith, you’ll persuade people of nothing. 

I don’t think I’m going to persuade anyone of anything on this forum mate. Minds are made up. 

I just love how well researched everyone is on this forum in terms of history. Also some great views even though I don’t agree with many. 

I don’t get that in my own circle.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Maybe that's the point? Burning something is not exactly supposed to be politically correct.

Doesn’t make it right or just though does it?  This isn’t just about a flag. It’s about respect. Regardless of how you feel you’ve been treated. You shouldn’t resort to these things. 

It’s just my view.  

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Doesn’t make it right or just though does it?  This isn’t just about a flag. It’s about respect. Regardless of how you feel you’ve been treated. You shouldn’t resort to these things. 

It’s just my view.  

Why would you respect something that they are symbolically burning? How does that make sense? What you're effectively doing is telling people to not step out of line and be politically correct to not offend people (the "people" being protested is the establishment/government and not any individual anyway). 

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Why would you respect something that they are symbolically burning? How does that make sense? What you're effectively doing is telling people to not step out of line and be politically correct to not offend people (the "people" being protested is the establishment/government and not any individual anyway). 

Ok so then you should be prepared for the consequences right?  Legally nothing can be done to you because the country gives you the right to burn its flag. But people may not feel the same way. So if he gets the shit kicked out of him he deserves it in my opinion.

edit: before you ‘symbolically’ burn something maybe you should consider if everyone you are offending is guilty?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok so then you should br prepared for the consequences right?  Legally nothing can be done to you because the country gives you the right to burn its flag. But people may not feel the same way. So if he gets the shit kicked out of him he deserves it in my opinion. 

Huh? You run the risk of offending anyone with anything you do. Doesn't mean you deserve to get beat up for it, that's madness. If burning a piece of cloth that I bought with my own money, being well within my rights offends some snowflake then tough luck.

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats utter horse manure

Burden of proof? It's a well defined thing. It stops people from saying 'prove that he didnt do it'. You stated that Joshua allegedly said something. It's up to you to prove it, even with allegedly. 

While we're at it, Davkaus said you allegedly eat horse manure. Prove you dont. 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Huh? You run the risk of offending anyone with anything you do. Doesn't mean you deserve to get beat up for it, that's madness. If burning a piece of cloth that I bought with my own money, being well within my rights offends some snowflake then tough luck.

We're running very close to th"e Charlie hebdo journalists deserved it" territory with this line of argument. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

What maybe a piece of cloth to you may mean a lot to another person. So if you l burn that cloth knowing it will offend someone deeply then you deserve a beating from that snowflake.

Â